• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation of Character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nubix

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My mother-in-law is having a problem with the former caretaker of her mother, who passed away in October. Starting in December, this person began posting messages on a website as the deceased mother. According to her, she was channeling her. In these messages she included some very defamitory comments. She refuses to remove the messages after being asked several times to do so. I have included an excerpt from that website as well as the web address. I have included the information as to it's origin so as not to violate copyright. Keep in mind that the mother is identified by name in the title of the posting, and that my mother-in-law is her only daughter.

"Most people with pancreatic cancer start out with a case of diabetes, and in my own case, when I protracted the disease of pancreatic cancer, I was a diabetic. I took insulin. Speaking from experience, by daughter was raped when she was a little girl and became emotionally unbalanced because she never told anyone what had occurred until she was a thirty-five year old woman. No one understood what the problem was and we couldn’t deal with her. She was only a young child when she was attacked by a family member. So you see, as she began to go out of control, I couldn’t help her to overcome this fear and this mistrust of people. I had no clue about what was going on so I couldn’t discipline her and I couldn’t help her. She began to be, at times, violent. She would lash out at people and attack them verbally, and occasionally slap people, and such. But what occurred to me is that I loved her as a child and was repaid by violent behavior. Also in my family I had abusive relationships, and so this was a family trait, or “curse of the generations” that we were dealing with. Now it is time for this to be healed. In fact, the purpose for me coming back is for me to explain these ideas so that my family can understand and be healed through my teachings, and help others at the same time." (Quote from website: http://www.suzeranda.org/vera2.htm)(Posted Jan. 14, 2005)

nubix

Bark at who?

I just asked the question, I havn't barked at anyone. I really appreciate the reply to the question. THX

S

seniorjudge

nubix said:
I just asked the question, I havn't barked at anyone. I really appreciate the reply to the question. THX
What word in this phrase do you not understand?

(What follows is my signature and is NOT part of my response):

M

meganproser

Geeez, it's kind of scary to think that this woman works as a caretaker.

Along with or instead of calling a lawyer, I suggest calling the police if you haven’t already done so. They may be able to charge the writer with harassment or something similar.

Good luck!

suzeranda

The villain has her voice!

When you have a unique name, it is good at times to Google yourself to find out what others are saying about you. My name is unique, and I find web sites with my name usually confuse me with someone who makes a particular kind of movies.

I ran across this web page, and wanted to tell my side of the story, since from the accounts listed here, make me seem like a horrible person. A real villain.

Well, I am sorry to say, this "battle" never made it to court--or happy to say. I was approached by email and several allegations were made, but the person in question retreated when asked if he had proof that would stand up in court.

The real issue, if I recall, was anger directed at me by NUBIX's mother because I refused to divulge confidential information.

Anyway, the first step to end conflict is to offer your "enemy" something that allows him or her to get their life on a far higher level. That I did. There are no hard feelings anymore between the mother and me, but I have had no contact with NUBIX, and only met her once.

I am surprised that no one caught onto the idea that my friend and patient was coming back to talk about her experiences with pancreatic cancer.

If fact, this account is quite remarkable because my friend passed away from it, and two other of my friends did also. I noted the similarities in their family histories, and wrote a letter to the editor of our paper, asking for people to respond if they had any contact with someone with, or who had, pancreatic cancer. I had eleven responses. They all confirmed the same family histories. This web page account where I supposedly defamed someone, actually has the capacity to save many, many lives.

31,900 (or so) people a year pass away from pancreatic cancer, out of the 32,000 who are diagnosed with it. Therefore, finding a way to heal it will have a huge impact on the lives of many people. It is a devastating disease.

A CURE FOR CANCER!

Thank you for allowing me to have my voice. I am working for world peace, and for world peace to come, every person on the planet must be able to get their life, be treated fairly and equally, and have a voice in their government.

quincy

This post was resurrected, or channeled through suzeranda, from 2005....and it makes about as much sense now as it did then.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And you thought it was necessary to resurrect a two, almost three year old post, that probably no one has looked at since it dropped to page 2 in late January 2005, to defend yourself? Did it occur to you that you just brought it forward so that a lot of people who'd never even seen this thread, are now aware of the situation, that they'd never have known about if you'd left well enough alone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">