• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

defamation of character

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mybabyisaac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? idaho
Ok so i don't know where to start, my ex husbands new wife basically threatened my kids into telling their therapist that i was molesting them so the therapist had to call CPS and the local police, I had to go thru the whole interview process and take a lie detector test and they came up with nothing, they said they felt like it was all BS and just dropped it but now the case with CPS shows up anytime people do a background check on me for a job. Do i have a case against her for that.

Isis1

Where you arrested? Where you formally charged? I've been "reported" to CPS at least 7 times. Not one of those reports made it to my background check.

mybabyisaac

no i wasn't arrested, depending on the job you apply for they can find all those reports with CPS, I wanted to work in a summer program so i could take my kids to work with me so i didn't have to pay daycare and since i was going to be working with kids they can check all of that out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">