• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation of Character/corruption of a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rugratmo

What is the name of your state? NJ
After almost 2-1/2 years of dealing with a crazy neighbor that was violating many of the local laws of the board of health I filed an official complaint with the BOH and they cited her and told her she must remove one dog (she is over legal limit). She took me to local court on harrassment charges but the judge yelled at her for wasting his time in open court and dismissed the charges . Now she blasts her music, obstructs the sidewalk with her cars, and yesterday there was a sexually explicit postcard in our mailbox that was addressed to Tim (which is also my 14 year old son's name) . Because if the previous legal issues we have handwriting samples and they match. My 6, 8, and 10 year olds often go to get the mail so now she has crossed the line for me. Do I have any options? I am willing to have the handwriting analyzed. Do this behavior fall under corruption of a minor if I can prove she wrote it? What could she receive as a sentence? Thanks so much.

BelizeBreeze

Rugratmo said:
What is the name of your state? NJ
After almost 2-1/2 years of dealing with a crazy neighbor that was violating many of the local laws of the board of health I filed an official complaint with the BOH and they cited her and told her she must remove one dog (she is over legal limit). She took me to local court on harrassment charges but the judge yelled at her for wasting his time in open court and dismissed the charges . Now she blasts her music, obstructs the sidewalk with her cars, and yesterday there was a sexually explicit postcard in our mailbox that was addressed to Tim (which is also my 14 year old son's name) . Because if the previous legal issues we have handwriting samples and they match. My 6, 8, and 10 year olds often go to get the mail so now she has crossed the line for me. Do I have any options? I am willing to have the handwriting analyzed. Do this behavior fall under corruption of a minor if I can prove she wrote it? What could she receive as a sentence? Thanks so much.
Take the postcard to the police and let them decide how to proceed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">