• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defamation and Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mrsdonsmith

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

My husband was a fedex contractor and was recently, was caught talking on the phone with an employee at a post office, once him and her and told her to back off! She lied to his employer and told them i came up to her job with him and came inside and took a picture and put it on fb, and he was fired because she said i came inside the post office and she also stated that i threatened, and harrassed her! Can we sue her for defemation, because she blatantly lied! And we have never seen each other face to face! She even stated that she made a police report, and i have a message stating that she was going to get him fired! And asking me since she was a federal employee did i want to do federal time for the wrong person.

Proserpina

My husband was a fedex contractor and was recently, was caught talking on the phone with an employee at a post office, once him and her and told her to back off! She lied to his employer and told them i came up to her job with him and came inside and took a picture and put it on fb, and he was fired because she said i came inside the post office and she also stated that i threatened, and harrassed her! Can we sue her for defemation, because she blatantly lied! And we have never seen each other face to face! She even stated that she made a police report, and i have a message stating that she was going to get him fired! And asking me since she was a federal employee did i want to do federal time for the wrong person.

Are you saying they were having some sort of romantic interlude? Otherwise it seems a little odd that your husband would be fired unless I'm misunderstanding the nature of the circumstances.

Regardless, defamation suits are costly in terms of both time and money, and I heavily doubt you could collect any judgment from her. You would also be laying out every detail of your private life for the public to see.

quincy

I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

Your husband was fired from FedEx because an employee at the post office said you posted pictures of her on Facebook and you threatened her?

quincy

Garble-icious. :eek:
I can usually decipher posts but here I have no clue what is going on, especially the "... since she was a federal employee did I want to do federal time for the wrong person."

Mrsdonsmith, could you please clarify your post for us? Thanks.

Eekamouse

This sounds quite a bit like a betrayed wife angrily confronting the other woman and getting her cheating husband fired as a result.

quincy

This sounds quite a bit like a betrayed wife angrily confronting the other woman and getting her cheating husband fired as a result.
It would be nice if it were written as clearly as that. :)

(I wonder if Mrsdonsmith exclaims as much in real life as she does in her post ...)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">