• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Defaming Character in a University?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

groenwat23

Seriously, I have never heard of a situation this ridiculous, either.

So the staff member said "predator" but not "sexual predator?" And you say she called you a predator in front of a group of people in the LGBT Resource Center (a place she calls her "workplace")?

And the staff member used "social media" to speak of your computer crime?

So you sent a cease and desist letter, forwarding the letter to the Dean?

I am puzzled by what you say. Perhaps you can be a bit clearer on what is going on between you, the staff member and the staff member's friend whose advances you rejected?

(as a note: I know of only one person other than you who capitalizes random words ... I find that interesting)

Okay sorry about that. She referred to me as a predator and pedophile verbally to the public during the incident in the center.

to me in the messaged reply to my letter she called me a predator

I did forward all information including the letter, the public files for the case, the video, written testimonies of witnesses, the witnesses contact information (upon their written approval) We had an in person meeting with the director of operations at the center, along with a telephone meeting with the dean and the assistant to the dean.

the friend (whom advances were rejected) himself is just posting statuses, which frankly I don't care about (even though I am saving those as well) I just don't appreciate being publicly slandered over something I haven't done and being rejected from buildings due to a fabrication based on an article the Staff googled.

(side note: I use She and I mean the Staff member... also keep in mind that during the meeting with the DOP at the center, she stated that she has already been fired three times in other positions on campus for vocalizing her extreme views or for inappropriate conduct. So as crazy as this sounds I am stating these events in complete literal terms... The capitalization of words comment actually made me laugh. thank you)

Last edited:

quincy

Okay sorry about that. She referred to me as a predator and pedophile verbally to the public during the incident.

to me in the message she called me a predator

I did forward all information including the letter, the public files for the case, the video, written testimonies of witnesses, the witnesses contact information (upon their written approval) We had an in person meeting with the director of operations at the center, along with a telephone meeting with the dean and the assistant to the dean.

the friend (whom advances were rejected) himself is just posting statuses, which frankly I don't care about (even though I am saving those as well) I just don't appreciate being publicly slandered over something I haven't done and being rejected from buildings due to a fabrication based on an article the Staff googled.

(side note: I use She and I mean the Staff member)
I think the fact that you forwarded all information to the Dean was probably the right step to take.

I am not going to say you have a defamation claim worth pursuing because I am not clear on what is going on here. A personal review by a defamation attorney in your area of Michigan is something you could consider if the University does not respond to your concerns to your satisfaction, or you can contact Equality Michigan (https://www.equality.mi.org/) and this organization may be able to assist you.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">