• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Department of Children and Families

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isis1

Did you lose your job during this investigation? How can you prove who made the accusations? Suspecting the ex is not proof. What are your damages?

I'm going to be honest with you. I LOVE these false claims and CPS coming to my home. It's documented proof the ex is still an idiot.

Another_One1

I know it was her because I saw the written report sent in. Her handwriting, and her name were on it. It was 100% her.

No I did not loose my job, but I have been falsly accused of something that the accuser knows to be false. By definition that is libel, slander.

Isis1

I know it was her because I saw the written report sent in. Her handwriting, and her name were on it. It was 100% her.

No I did not loose my job, but I have been falsly accused of something that the accuser knows to be false. By definition that is libel, slander.

So, you looked at paperwork that was none of your business, and you specifically saw the transcripts of the telephone call where the ex officially named you as the person who was abusing and neglecting the children?

Another_One1

I looked at the report that was all of my business, yes. It was not a phone call, it was a mailed-in report. And yes, she specifically named me, as well as my husband.

I would like to ask that posts that are not helpful are not posted, Thanks:)

TigerD

I looked at the report that was all of my business, yes. It was not a phone call, it was a mailed-in report. And yes, she specifically named me, as well as my husband.

I would like to ask that posts that are not helpful are not posted, Thanks:)
Actually, those reports are not your business. Anonymity exists so people can report abuse of children without fear of reprisal. Child services has to investigate all reports. You haven't been harmed by a single report.

DC

quincy

Reports made to Child Services are considered "privileged" and cannot form the basis of a defamation action.

This privilege, or immunity from suit, is granted to all people who make reports to Child Protective Services (and to the police) so that people will not be afraid to report what they hear, see or suspect for fear that they may be wrong in what they heard, saw or suspected and be sued as a result. These reports to CPS are not considered true statements of fact. CPS must investigate what is reported to determine whether a claim that is made has merit or whether it does not.

In your case, the Child Service investigator determined the report had no merit. It ends there.

By the way, these reports are confidential. I am surprised you were able to identify with certainty the person who reported you.

Last edited:

Isis1

Reports made to Child Services are considered "privileged" and cannot form the basis of a defamation action.

This privilege, or immunity from suit, is granted to all people who make reports to Child Protective Services (and to the police) so that people will not be afraid to report what they hear, see or suspect for fear that they may be wrong and may be sued as a result. These reports to CPS are not considered true statements of fact. CPS must investigate what is reported to determine whether a claim that is made has merit or whether it does not.

In your case, the Child Service investigator determined the report had no merit. It ends there.

By the way, these reports are confidential. I am surprised you were able to identify with certainty the person who reported you.
Now, i find it a tad bit odd anyone would write a letter to report abuse. But then i've heard of some stupid things. Wouldn't the social worker receive some heat for allowing an unauthorized person to view confidential information?

quincy

I would think the investigator could get into trouble, if the investigator identified the person who reported the abuse and neglect to the person accused of the abuse and neglect, or was careless enough to allow the accused to view any report with identifying information on it.

I think your attitude toward the investigations is probably the healthiest attitude to have, Isis.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">