• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Desire to file defamation suit for both slander and libel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eah0122

What is the name of your state? Florida

I reside in a condominium association in Florida where I previously served as President of its Board of Directors for approximately seven years and one year as its paid licensed (CAM) community association manager. Two owners of one small unit have been responsible for perpetrating the most malacious lies against me personally and as a professional CAM. They've alleged I tried to avoid paying a lien I owed to the Association, when I've never ever owed a lien. They alleged I used Association funds to pay for personal repair expenses to an investment unit I owned. I have cancelled checks to prove I paid for any and all such costs out of my own personal funds. They've alleged incompetence in my practice as a CAM, when records clearly do not demonstrate such. They've alleged I am responsible for several thousand dollars of needless funds having to be spent on attorney's fee, when they denied me records access and I filed a non-binding arbitration complaint against them. I was found to be the prevailing party and was awarded statutory damages and costs. It wasn't my fault that they screwed up and denied me the access to official records which I'm entitled to as a unit owner. The list goes on. Their libel and slander has negatively impacted upon my employment as a CAM, destroyed my reputation within the community and caused totally unnecessary emotional pain. Do I have a good basis for filing a defamation lawsuit?

BelizeBreeze

You need to take this to a local attorney. Unless you want to hold all of the court records up to the monitor so we can read them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">