• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case against my school or professor(s)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComputerSci620

California

Hello, my trouble began when I decided to enroll in a speech class at a local college. I was in the process of trying to gain entry into the Cal State system where I would complete a four year degree in Computer Science. I had the extreme misfortune of obtaining a professor who had no problem proselytizing her neo-feminist agenda (which I have no problem against), and targeting those people who were against her. I decided to stick it out anyway while many other students dropped. She had it in for me. It began when I discovered another student sitting in my seat in which I politely asked if he could move, I noticed her standing there and she immediately moved to the other side of the room, at the end of class she coonfronted me over this. I took a video of the incident, you can watch it here.

There was also an occasion where she told us to arrive to class 30 minutes early, and when I did (while the other class was finishing their assignment) the entire class laughed at me as if I dropped my pants and wet myself. She would sway the younger more impressionable students against me as I would have to endure their constant dirty looks, abrasive behavior, and apathy during group. The last straw occurred when I approached the professor over a complaint I had with a fellow student who refused to cooperate with the group assignments, she simply told me that it is because I look angry. I became irate, yet I tried very hard to keep my words civil. She told me if there was a problem I could see the administrator. Since this was the second to last week of class I gave in and told her that I will arrive to class tomorrow, giving her every opportunity to say no.

The next day (I arrived late) I encountered the professor visibly shaken and upset, she told me that before I would be allowed into class I needed to see the administrator. I reminded her what she said yesterday, and that she had every opportunity to tell me not to show up (of which I would have complied). Her voice jumped, and she reiterated. Then a student who was concerned for her approached me in a threatening manner. I mistook his advances as a confrontation and asked him to step outside if he so pleased. He calmed down, and I threw my paper on the floor and left.

I received a call from a fellow student, who told me the young ladies in the classroom where saying things about me, such as stalking them and what not. I was in shock, as I never talked to any of them. I just wanted to finish the class to complete the CSU certification! As I walked home I was stopped by a police officer, who detained me. He was waiting to see the video made of my confrontation in class. Upon reviewing the video he let me go. The next morning a Sherrif knocked on my door handing me a court summons, to appear to a restraining order hearing. The next day I received a letter from the school asking me to attend a hearing. I attended the hearing and nobody in class showed up, not even the good Dr. They showed the video, and being that the sole theme of their claim was that I was making threats, I can be seen on the video saying to her

"I am not threatening you. God less you!"

I successfully refuted every claim made against me, and they only suspended me for a semester for making a disturbance with the student who approached me to protect he professor.

The next week I appeared at the court hearing, and since (I assume) her accusations were baseless they only asked me to sign a no contact order for a year.

I had no idea I would have to deal with this much stress trying to finish a class. Had I known I would have either gone to another school or never bothered at all. However, my problem lies in what the good Doctor said of me in the police report. For one she said I smelled of alcohol. Had I smelled of alcohol the police officers would have detained me overnight.

Secondly, in the form there is a checkbox that asks if gunplay was involved. The Doctor wrote that I said. "I could shoot up the school if I want." he police officers who detained me reviewed everything and they never mentioned any of this on the report they wrote. It was embarrassing to say the least to be in the back of a police cae where my fellow students who were driving by could watch me.

She even coerced the other students to report unanimously that they all were afraid of me and they didn't feel safe with me on campus. I proved in the hearing that she had lied , yet this will continue to stay on my student record. My question to you is, do I have a case against this person or the school for that matter? I have tried very hard to reach this point, I tolerated her class, and constant proselytizations, but the simple fact she didn't like me for whatever reason gives her the right to ruin my education career and my life?

I am looking for the report I would be more than happy to scan it and post it if you give me time.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

California

... It began when I discovered another student sitting in my seat in which I politely asked if he could move, I noticed her standing there and she immediately moved to the other side of the room, at the end of class she coonfronted me over this. I took a video of the incident, you can watch it here.

https://www.youtube.com/XXX

... I became irate, yet I tried very hard to keep my words civil. She told me if there was a problem I could see the administrator ...

... she told me that before I would be allowed into class I needed to see the administrator ... Then a student who was concerned for her approached me in a threatening manner. I mistook his advances as a confrontation and asked him to step outside if he so pleased. He calmed down, and I threw my paper on the floor and left.

I received a call from a fellow student, who told me the young ladies in the classroom where saying things about me, such as stalking them and what not. I was in shock, as I never talked to any of them. I just wanted to finish the class to complete the CSU certification! As I walked home I was stopped by a police officer, who detained me. He was waiting to see the video made of my confrontation in class. Upon reviewing the video he let me go. The next morning a Sherrif knocked on my door handing me a court summons, to appear to a restraining order hearing. The next day I received a letter from the school asking me to attend a hearing. I attended the hearing and nobody in class showed up, not even the good Dr. They showed the video, and being that the sole theme of their claim was that I was making threats, I can be seen on the video saying to her

"I am not threatening you. God less you!"

I successfully refuted every claim made against me, and they only suspended me for a semester for making a disturbance with the student who approached me to protect he professor.

The next week I appeared at the court hearing, and since (I assume) her accusations were baseless they only asked me to sign a no contact order for a year ...

... Secondly, in the form there is a checkbox that asks if gunplay was involved. The Doctor wrote that I said. "I could shoot up the school if I want." he police officers who detained me reviewed everything and they never mentioned any of this on the report they wrote. It was embarrassing to say the least to be in the back of a police cae where my fellow students who were driving by could watch me.

She even coerced the other students to report unanimously that they all were afraid of me and they didn't feel safe with me on campus. I proved in the hearing that she had lied , yet this will continue to stay on my student record. My question to you is, do I have a case against this person or the school for that matter? I have tried very hard to reach this point, I tolerated her class, and constant proselytizations, but the simple fact she didn't like me for whatever reason gives her the right to ruin my education career and my life?

I am looking for the report I would be more than happy to scan it and post it if you give me time ...
The fact that you published a YouTube video of an incident you had in the class, and you were suspended for a semester, and there was a no contact order issued against you, does not work in your favor. The fact that so many of those who have had contact with you believe you have a problem of some sort does not work in your favor.

In addition, it will be hard to convince anyone that a single teacher has so much influence over a classroom of college students that she would be able to "coerce" these students into reporting they were afraid of you. College students are not that easy to coerce.

For these reasons among others, I am thinking you would have a very difficult time with a defamation claim - although certainly if all that has been said and implied about you is false, you have been defamed.

I recommend you review all facts with a defamation attorney in your area. What you have described here requires this personal review.

Good luck.

Last edited:

ComputerSci620

Lastly my biggest piece of evidence was that she said I threatened to shoot up the school during our conversation. I even have the police to attest to the fact I never said that and she lied. That has to warrant for something right? But I will take your advice and seek a defamation attorney. Thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">