• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pooh2002

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
Bought item on ebay. Payment cleared on 5th of the month. On 12th I hadn't received so contacted the seller. He said I should have it the next day. Few more days went by, still no item. COntacted again. He said he hadn't shipped until the 12th; the day I contacted him. I told him I was upset since he said on the 12th he had already sent. Did not receive until the 17th. His ad says item will be received 4-7 business days after payment clears. He waited 7 days to send, taking 10 business days, 14 calendar days to receive. Gave neg. feedback because he was not honest with me and I didn't receive promptly. He repeatedly threatened lawsuit to remove feedback. I escalated it to ebay conflict resolution. After reviewing they sided with me and gave me a refund through paypal. CAn this guy still sue me? The only comments I made said I did not receive in time frame promised. I had no idea how serious people take this feedback forum!

cyjeff

Apparently pretty seriously.

However, you are not lying. You are providing honest feedback on a forum created to provide honest feedback.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Hot Topic

It was hardly an eBay "nightmare."

For payment to clear on the 5th of the month and you to receive it on the 17th is not in and of itself unreasonable. Where he got himself in trouble is committing to 4-7 business days. I once bid on an item and got it 7 month's later, and the seller was mad at me for complaining!

Cool your jets.

TigerD

Did you return the item for which you had your payment refunded?

If not, yes, he has grounds to sue.

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">