• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-boyfriend telling lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

myjojo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Iowa

I split up with my ex-boyfriend of 5 years (we lived together, in my home for most of the 5 years), about one year ago. He now lives directly behind me with his new girlfriend. I have just recentl;y (within the last month) found out he has told his new girlfriend, along with dozens of other people, including his immediate family members, that I stole $1,000 from his (now deceased) father, that I stole his (my exes) credit card and charged thousands of dollars on it & that I am doing drugs.

In regards to the $1,000 I supposidly stole from his father; I BORROWED $1,000 from his father which was given to me in the form of a personal check written by his father. So the check, to me, is my proof showing it was not stolen. I have no copy of this check and since his father has passed away, I have no way of getting a copy of it. His Dad told him after we split up, that I had borrowed the money, once he died, my ex turned the story into me stealing it.

In regards to stealing his credit card and charging thousands of dollars; simply not true, I never had possesion of his credit card (which he only had two at the time we were together, 1 credit card with a limit of $800.00, the other I believe was $500.00). He authorized me to sign him up for one of those credit cards, online, in his name only, which he now denies. He told me 3 weeks ago, that my part of that bill was $200.00 for misc items I was ALLOWED to purchase online, I accepted that and paid the $200.00 (he has paid nothing on it) which I have my cancelled check for. But now he claims he never authorized me to sign up for this card.

In regards to me using drugs; again simply untrue & just a vicious rumor to start to make me look bad.

What can I do about this? Some people have chosen to believe him & won't speak to me, I have people coming into my place of employment telling me these rumors he's spreading, and I don't want that affecting my job.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BelizeBreeze

I have people coming into my place of employment telling me these rumors he's spreading, and I don't want that affecting my job.
Then tell them to stop coming into your place of employment.

Simply put, unless you have been 'harmed' in some financial or real way (not just your pride) there's not much you CAN do.

Unless you'd like to tell whomever will listen that you had to have your home fumigated once he left because you kept finding crabs.

M

myjojo

Iowa

On the Home Page here, it defines Defamation as follows:

Defamation, sometimes called "defamation of character", is spoken or written words that falsely and negatively reflect on a living person's reputation.

If a person or the news media says or writes something about you that is understood to lower your reputation, or that keeps people from associating with you, defamation has occurred. Slander and libel are two forms of defamation.

He IS lowering/ruining my reputation, some will not associate with me and I'm considerd a thief by some because of what he has said, how can that not be considered as Defamation of Character? If what he is doing is NOT Defamation, then what is? He has spoken words that have falsely and negatively reflected on me, a living persons reputation.

M

myjojo

You must lead a boring life...

IOWA

Why don't you try getting a J.O.B.? I understand you lack intelligence, but I'm sure there's something out there for you to do that is worth while.

You really ought to research your information prior to answering questions/concerns. In several of your posts, your are very much incorrect in your answers, but then again, you lack any sort of intelligence, so we would expect and understand nothing more but un-truths from you.

Try getting a life, oh wait a minute, forget it, you probably aren't capable of doing that either... :eek: :rolleyes:

BelizeBreeze

Why don't you try getting a J.O.B.? I understand you lack intelligence, but I'm sure there's something out there for you to do that is worth while.
What? Me work? I'm too busy enjoying the carriages and white stallions on the Square in Salzburg to worry about work right now.

In several of your posts, your are very much incorrect in your answers,
Really? Then please inform me of the correct answers? If you can. I'd be more than willing to listen. After my next espresso and Italian eis :D

D

d8ddysgirl

How the hell old are you.

Good lord are you in highschool because that is what it sounds like. He said she said.

If peolpe want to beleive him then whatever. Grow a set of nuts and walk tall. Show him whos a better person.

There is no law that was broken. God if this were the case every teenager would have lawsuits from here to Alaska.

A

adesire2Bhappy

scorned bimbo

It's so very obvious you are just a lonely scorned bimbo......face it loser he has moved on without you...and about you stealing his daddy's money your only real proof to it being a gift and not theft is dead. I guess you could always contact a spiritual advisor thats talks to the dead and see if she can contact him and maybe just maybe you can get a statement from him proving your innocence....I mean really you a theif? it is so not you.... :D

Last edited:
A

adesire2Bhappy

gryndor said:
You're having a really hard time coming off as an intelligent commenter with spelling as atrocious as that. :eek:
unlike you thinking i am perfect. Well get this i am not.. :eek: I corrected my mistake..BTW thank you very much for pointing out my error...after all to err is human and the last time i looked i was human.. :D

Last edited:

gryndor

Ahh, but to be human means to strive to better yourself and your situation. I am certainly not perfect, but I strive to at least look sans fault when I criticize other people and call them ‘scorned bimbos.’ :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">