• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex Fiance...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doug_simmons

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Okay... here it goes. Me and my ex broke up and she started seeing this guy who's parents are a federal attorney and a paralegal.

She claims I beat her over a year ago (which I didn't) In fact it was the other way around. She also claims that I stole a painting of hers that has been in storage for over a year and is now in her posession. On top of that she is threatening to call all of her new boyfriend's parents friends in the DEA and other government agencies to ruin my life. First off I have nothing to hide. Second off I didn't do anything. I just want her to leave me alone. She won't stop texting and calling me late at night harassing me from her boyfriend's phone. So today I went up to his work where he waits tables and I introduced myself after my lunch. I said "I didn't want to start any bad vibes or feelings with them I just want to be left alone. Stop calling me late at night and all together. Have a good day." I wasn't aggressive and I wasn't menacing. I just didn't have his number to call or text him since he always calls from a private number. So with that being said they are threatening a harassment lawsuit against me, theft for the painting that I never stole and a domestic violence suit. No police reports were ever filed and it is all he said she said. I really want to be done with the whole thing. Do I have anything to worry about?

Andy0192

She won't stop texting and calling me late at night harassing me from her boyfriend's phone....
I just didn't have his number to call or text him since he always calls from a private number.
Suggest you get your story straight.

Best way to get her out of your life is to let her go. Get a new phone number & move on. Stop the drama.

quincy

Well, based on the information you provided, hypothetically you would have to worry about being found guilty of theft, harassment and/or domestic violence. You would want an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">