• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex girlfriend; false stalking accusations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SeattleWill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

Hello, I find myself in a very unfortunate situation. A girl I dated in the summer of 2009 has started accusing me of stalking her. I haven't seen her in over 2 years, yet I am some how stalking her. She currently lives directly across the street from my best friend(he was before I met her, as well as after). Now I haven't contacted her or been contacted by her in upwards of 2 years. But now I find out that last week she began going around to friends we have in common stating that I am stalking her. She also made these claims at my previous job which resulted in a very odd conversation when I went in to talk to my previous boss about a recommendation for an internship that I am seeking. When she began posting it on facebook(which I have her blocked on) one of my friends began asking her a bunch of questions about the matter and then he sent me a copy of the logs so that I knew she was doing this.

Now I have no idea what to do; I really have no desire to speak to her as she is pretty crazy, but I need these statements to stop as it is negatively affecting my life.

Do I need to get a lawyer involved for something like this? Is there anything they can even do that won't end up costing me a pretty penny? My financial situation isn't amazing currently.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Will

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">