• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex is posting medical history and financial information out in public

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX
I have an upset baby mother who is spreading lies about my medical history, telling people I am a drug addict and have a blood borne disease. She also is posting my credit report online for people to see my stuff. She bad mouths me so bad in public, it has cost me a chance to get hired at a great job she refuses to stop, anything I can do? Its not n isolated incident, its non stop, every time she sees me online. I have andom people repeating the stuff and reposting the stuff she says, It is so embarrasing, and i dont know how to get her to stop!

Proserpina

I have an upset baby mother who is spreading lies about my medical history, telling people I am a drug addict and have a blood borne disease. She also is posting my credit report online for people to see my stuff. She bad mouths me so bad in public, it has cost me a chance to get hired at a great job she refuses to stop, anything I can do? Its not n isolated incident, its non stop, every time she sees me online. I have andom people repeating the stuff and reposting the stuff she says, It is so embarrasing, and i dont know how to get her to stop!
Get an attorney.

Post hx is enlightening.

quincy

You can consider filing a lawsuit against your baby's mother for both defamation and invasion of privacy/publication of private facts, which can potentially put a stop to any future actions by the woman.

But lawsuits are about money and they cannot really remedy the harm that has already been caused. If the mother of your baby has no money, a lawsuit victory may be a hollow one - and the lies already spread about you can become wider spread in the form of court records that become available to the public.

In other words, both the pros and cons of a defamation/privacy lawsuit must be carefully considered before investing a lot of money into pursuing one.

If you have suffered severe reputational injury, however, there is a legal action available. As Proserpina suggests, speaking with an attorney in your area of Texas would be smart. The attorney may suggest as a start sending the woman a cease and desist letter that merely threatens a lawsuit. This could intimidate her enough into stopping her damaging behavior.

Good luck.

(thanks, Pro :))

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">