• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exposing companies ingredients

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nanasusie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

Hi there,

I am posting video blogs on you tube and my website about different companies ingredients- food and body care products and what hazards those ingredients have been linked to in tests. I find my information out from books and the skin deep ingredient database online. I also talk about companies who have good ingredients as well. Can my company be sued for slander or anything else because we are pointing out negative things about these companies?

Thank you.

justalayman

if your information is factual, you should not be able to be successfully sued. If they want to sue you, they can and you would have to defend yourself but based on what you have presented, no, they would have no true basis for a law suit.

nanasusie

Thanks for the response. Of course I welcome any info possible.

The info I have posted in the above question is exactly what I am doing. The thing I was concerned about is that we are really calling some companies out for using hazardous ingredients... Like "hey that's not cool that you use ..... because its been shown to be linked to cancer". That kind of thing.

Thanks!

Proserpina

Make absolutely sure that X ingredient HAS been shown to have such-and-such a side effect. Make sure you can back up your claims, perhaps with medical journal articles and/or FDA clinical trial information.

Many of these online databases contain hints and loose allegations but have nothing scientific to back them up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">