• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Facebook Libel and more...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joesbutterfly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
For a few months I volunteered with a non profit dog rescue.(along with my husband and child). After time things came to light that seemed wrong with the rescue. The women running it was not doing so by legally. She was conning people on facebook into donations, and even solicited donations for a mother dog and pups that were elsewhere in the state ready to die saying she had them in boarding and needing money for that. I caught her in several unsavory things. I stopped volunteering, and immediately she started lying about me on facebook and in emails to others. Accusing me of things i did not do.
I received phone calls, emails all harrassing me, then an associate of hers starting to harrass my family with crazy threats, and untrue statements. I called the police several times to stop him contacting me, he did. She then in turn filed a false police report stating i was selling underage puppies I stole from her. I was not there, and more people were harrassed as it was a public event, somewhere i have not been in over 10 years. she then started posting how evil i am and that i am responsible for dogs dying and went as far as to post my minor child's name, my husband and my picture and names, our address, my email, my cell number and ignited people on facebook. total lies and horrible things. then these people harrassed me, and or wrote nasty comments towards me. It won't stop. the police told me to file a restraining order. well i did, i didn't get that i haven't been physically hurt. I was in fear for the safety of my family and the stress has been horrendous and it doesn't stop. it has continued for two weeks.
Code enforcement and animal control were involved as she was running rescue out of rental home illegally and broke city ordinances. She begged publically on facebook for myself and a few others to step forward and save the dogs, we are killing dogs... and so on. With another rescue, we did.
she then posted that we wouldn't step forward and save the dogs. complete insanity. she keeps posting how evil i am, and now has another associate attacking me and my child on facebook. my child is 8 yrs old and total cruel lies are being posted and sent to others through messaging. falsely saying we make my child sleep on the floor, we only feed her sugary snacks, my husband was drunk every time she saw him ( my husband has not drank in 7 1/2 yrs), he is unemployed ( no he is out on workers comp from an injury) he is filing for disability (no he is not disabled... just recovering from an injury), doesn't know how we pay our rent as we have no income (he receives workers comp) my child is obese and we abuse her. yes my child has my genes and is overweight. she eats very healthy and is involved in sports and other activities. unfortunately she takes after me, and genes play a factor. saying my child is the reason puppies died as she contaminated them. she wasn't near those puppies. who says that. the puppies died because the rescue did not vet them. they came from fields of stray dogs, and never vetted. full of ticks, fleas, mange, dirt.

what can I do to stop this. I've read a libel case involving the internet and cell phones is very expensive . How do i get it all to stop? :confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
For a few months I volunteered with a non profit dog rescue.(along with my husband and child). After time things came to light that seemed wrong with the rescue. The women running it was not doing so by legally. She was conning people on facebook into donations, and even solicited donations for a mother dog and pups that were elsewhere in the state ready to die saying she had them in boarding and needing money for that. I caught her in several unsavory things. I stopped volunteering, and immediately she started lying about me on facebook and in emails to others. Accusing me of things i did not do.
I received phone calls, emails all harrassing me, then an associate of hers starting to harrass my family with crazy threats, and untrue statements. I called the police several times to stop him contacting me, he did. She then in turn filed a false police report stating i was selling underage puppies I stole from her. I was not there, and more people were harrassed as it was a public event, somewhere i have not been in over 10 years. she then started posting how evil i am and that i am responsible for dogs dying and went as far as to post my minor child's name, my husband and my picture and names, our address, my email, my cell number and ignited people on facebook. total lies and horrible things. then these people harrassed me, and or wrote nasty comments towards me. It won't stop. the police told me to file a restraining order. well i did, i didn't get that i haven't been physically hurt. I was in fear for the safety of my family and the stress has been horrendous and it doesn't stop. it has continued for two weeks.
Code enforcement and animal control were involved as she was running rescue out of rental home illegally and broke city ordinances. She begged publically on facebook for myself and a few others to step forward and save the dogs, we are killing dogs... and so on. With another rescue, we did.
she then posted that we wouldn't step forward and save the dogs. complete insanity. she keeps posting how evil i am, and now has another associate attacking me and my child on facebook. my child is 8 yrs old and total cruel lies are being posted and sent to others through messaging. falsely saying we make my child sleep on the floor, we only feed her sugary snacks, my husband was drunk every time she saw him ( my husband has not drank in 7 1/2 yrs), he is unemployed ( no he is out on workers comp from an injury) he is filing for disability (no he is not disabled... just recovering from an injury), doesn't know how we pay our rent as we have no income (he receives workers comp) my child is obese and we abuse her. yes my child has my genes and is overweight. she eats very healthy and is involved in sports and other activities. unfortunately she takes after me, and genes play a factor. saying my child is the reason puppies died as she contaminated them. she wasn't near those puppies. who says that. the puppies died because the rescue did not vet them. they came from fields of stray dogs, and never vetted. full of ticks, fleas, mange, dirt.

what can I do to stop this. I've read a libel case involving the internet and cell phones is very expensive . How do i get it all to stop? :confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: hire an attorney and file a TRO. That should be the first step.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">