• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false allegations/CPS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sb1974

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

On Thurs. 12/21/06 I recieved a phone call from CPS. The intake worker I spoke to told me they had recieved a complaint about me on 12/18/06, but since the complaint was unfounded (the person who complained had no proof), they weren't going to come out to my house or open an investigation. The CPS worker did not tell me who called them, of course, but I'm 99.99% sure I already know who called them. My sister and her boyfriend are CPS nuts, they have their number on speed dial, and call them on people just for kicks. They have even called CPS on each other. My sister called them on her ex-husband at least 10 times. She, herself, has an open case with CPS right now, stemming from a complaint her boyfriend made against her. I have a gut feeling that there will be other complaints from them, made against me, and I have no doubt this is going to get seriously out of hand. I spoke to another intake worker at CPS this afternoon. I told them if my sister and her boyfriend are the ones who complained about me, they will probably be getting more calls. The intake worker told me they (my sister and her boyfriend) can call them 100 times a day with a different complaint every time and there is nothing I can do about it. He told me if I have nothing to hide I have nothing to worry about. Well, I have nothing to hide, but isn't making false allegations to CPS illegal? Isn't it a form of harassment? Is there really nothing (legally speaking) that I can do about it?

no investigation

CPS called you and told you of complaint but also told you no investigation was taking place? If your question is about sueing them what are your damages? If suit is filinga false report then its up to CPS to file that action. You can guess and be correct who made call but you cannot prove it nor force CPS to tell you. Let it go!

No

No sorry you cant force them not to call! It is CPS who may want to do something about filign of false calims not you Contact CPS and give them info on the habital reporting! This will red flag their name. I once had person file flase CPS charges on me for years. In fact one CPS worker and I got on first name basis! Fianlly I went to CPS and they flagged this person as one who gave false reports. Nothing more has been heard since then. You have no legal ground to do anythng you havent been charged or ivestigated. CPS (if them) are only ones who can do anything.

sb1974

I did give CPS my sister and her boyfriend's names and told them they report people for kicks. I made sure to have that documented. It's just ridiculous IMO that people can call CPS a hundred times a day and make all sorts of false allegations against another person and there is nothing that person can do about it. The intake worker told me it isn't considered harassment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">