• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Harassment Complaint, IOU DEBTOR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LMA30

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MICHIGAN

My husband and I loaned money out to and had the people type up and send an IOU. They made their 1st payment on time, but the 2nd payment was not on time, and they did not contact us. We contacted them via email, and they put off their payments twice with a different excuse each time. On the 2nd time, I let them know that we no longer could accept any delays and they needed to make their payments as agreed upon in the IOU. They did not like this so they called the local police station and filed a harassment complaint against me. I was respectful, sincere, and courteous in the email. I believe this is a cowardly way to attempt not to repay their loan. My husband is active duty military, we are in NM. We are residents of MI. The couple who we loaned money to is in MI. How can we get the false harassment complaint removed? Are we able to sue by proxy letter stating our case to the court in small claims due to my husband being active duty military in MI? Can we sue for defamation of character?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">