• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsey accused of sending anonymous letters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandygr2004

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Two weeks ago my ex-boyfriend called me to tell me that his new girlfriend has been receiving anonymous letters in the mail. Apparently, her boss also has received some complaints about her as well. He told me that while he believes I didn't do it, she thinks I did. I did not. He said that the letters do point to me. I have not seen the letters or know the content. That information was not shared with me. Anyway, he said she took the letters to law enforcement. He said it is possible that the police may be involved, especially if more letters are sent.

I am not sure what to do about this. I did not send any letters. I am confident that should the police get involved that I will be cleared. Although I do worry a little that somehow I am being set up. What is more concerning is that my reputation is at stake. It's worrisome that rumors will spread that I did this awful thing.

Any advice? Any steps I should take? Is there any way I can get ahold of the letters or the content so I can defend myself?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

Unless they are threatening or terroristic in nature I highly doubt the police will care. If the police contact you and you feel you absolutely must talk to them, simply say you did not send any of them and leave it at that. Do not go into any detail about your ex or her gf or how much of a lying b*tch she is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">