• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

family plan cell phone user not paying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChuckNeedsAdive

Pennsylvania--I went into a family plan with a good friend and he has not paid,because of drug problems and his lack of responsiabilities towards other family problems in his life. I trusted him,and now I find myself paying the whole bill myself. We are locked into this t-mobile plan until 5/06 -my question is do I have recourse for unpaid bills? Chuck

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Sue your friend and get a judgment against him. Then tell him to get a job so you can garnish his paycheck and get your dough back.

Some Random Guy

Call the phone company and tell them you want that phone deactivated - without cancelling the service. Or better yet, buy a cheap phone from them, get the service transferred to it, and give it to your mom.

Since you are th eone receiving the bills, your name must be listed as the primary on the account, so what you say goes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">