• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Feeling Violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CrystalNW

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
My local Child Support call center released information about me that they weren't supposed to to the person who owes me support which has resulted in threats and harrassment from him. When I contacted them to find out I was told that the person he spoke to was not to have given him that information. What can I do about it?:mad:

quincy

File a complaint with the Call Center and contact the police about the threats and harassment. If there is a protection order in place against the person who owes you support money, this person can potentially be arrested.

CrystalNW

I did file a complaint they just told me "oh sorry you're right that information was not supposed to be given out" and acted like it was no big deal. So at this point im wondering if I can do something legally to prevent it from happening again and get them in some kind of troub:confused:le for discloseing private information about me that they are under no circumstances to do so...especially not to him. They are supposed to be on my side...right?

swalsh411

You can give up right now on the idea that you can somehow force them to discipline the employee that released information they were not supposed to.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is not up to you how or whether they discipline the employee, and even if they do they have NO legal obligation to tell you about it. You have the right to report it. You did. You have NO right to dictate what action they take or even to know what action was taken.

quincy

Crystal, was there a protection order in place (for reasons of domestic violence, for instance) that made it imperative that your contact information not be disclosed to the person owing you support money? And is your phone number a private number? Are you listed in the phone book?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">