• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foster Parents really need advice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thud

We have a neighbor who is a nut case – In 5 years since we have bought this house she has turned me or my wife into CPS, Building Dept, Police for a total of 20 times in 5 years. – All claims were found false – Here is an example of her calls

Reported me to CPS for wearing shorts in the summer

Reported me to CPS for wearing tank top

Reported my wife to CPS & told them my wife was un-fit to be a foster mother because she has MS

Called building department because my contractor didn’t post a building permit

Keeps telling neighbors what bad people we are.

Has stopped our adopted children & told them what bad parents we were & to come to her house if they needed help.

Reported me for going outside in my bathrobe to get the newspaper –in the mornings

Sets in a chair right up against our fence to east drop

Reported to police that my motor home was illegally parked (it wasn’t)

Plus many more –

Child Protective Services don’t even follow up on her calls anymore.

The day we moved in she told me I couldn’t part in my own driveway because she had to get her garbage cans out to the street through my driveway – I continued to park in “my” driveway – this ticked her off – TRUE STORY –

2 weeks ago she really crossed the line when she approached 2 of our foster children & told them what bad people we were. Really scared the kids. CPS has taken a report from the kids.

I have all the above documented with CPS & the police dept plus I can get 2 dozen plus CPS people, State Dept of License employee’s, Foster Care Agency people to testify for us. Our record is spotless & we have helped countless number of kids.

We have had it – What can we do – Can we sue her?
thud, CaliforniaWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

I can get 2 dozen plus CPS people, State Dept of License employee’s, Foster Care Agency people to testify for us.

(only U.S. law)?

Could you please explain how you would accomplish that and to what they would testify?

TinkerBelleLuvr

First thought that came to mind was a restraining order, but being a nutcase may not qualify. If she continues to harass you, you can file.

thud

Could you please explain how you would accomplish that and to what they would testify?
We are very well liked & respected buy the social workers, by the foster agency we work with & all of our other neighbors. They all know what we have been through with this woman.

Our Foster Care agency talked to both of our children 2 weeks ago about this woman approaching them. I have ask both the state & our agency for help, but it’s really wasn’t their problem until she approached our foster kids & now I feel it’s both of our problem?

Our neighbors know this woman very well. We have been told that she has been a problem for many years. Neighbor’s has said they would do anything they could to help us.

I have built a 7-foot fence between our house & the neighbors to help with some privacy. Our children are very good well mannered quiet children. We have a very nice home & I keep our house & yard spotless.

My wife & I both feel we are being watch when we are in our own back yard. The stress on my wife is really getting bad. My wife does have MS & this stress is not helping matters at all.

I would sell out in a heartbeat if the market weren’t like it was. We all most feel like we are prisoners in our own home.

Another example of this woman’s behavior – I was told by a meter reader for the power company they have had to change reader 4 or 5 times because this woman reports to the power compant that her meter reader is a peeping tom –

Everything I have stated is on record with the state and our agency as well as with the police dept. I would think I could have access to these records if I would sue her & our attorney filed for them?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Other than the annoyance, and I am not disputing that it is annoying, what actual damages have you suffered?

thud

Other than the annoyance, and I am not disputing that it is annoying, what actual damages have you suffered?
I would think that my wife & I should be able to set on our patio and have a normal conversation, without someone ease dropping.

I would think we should be able to go outside without some one being with them, to protect them from harassment from this woman.

I can’t believe that a person has the right to slander someone constantly.

This woman has been getting away with this for years with other neighbors.

We are 64 years old. If we sell our home we will lose at least 150,000 dollars. We won’t have the money to put down on another home. We have a very limited income & our money goes to help the children. We love our home & our kids, but we have the neighbor from Hell! It’s not fare for us to have to live in a stress 100% of the time.

I was told a restraining order was 450 bucks? The houses are 15 foot apart!

My wife doesn't need this kind of constant stress.

Isis1

I would think that my wife & I should be able to set on our patio and have a normal conversation, without someone ease dropping.

I would think we should be able to go outside without some one being with them, to protect them from harassment from this woman.

I can’t believe that a person has the right to slander someone constantly.

This woman has been getting away with this for years with other neighbors.

We are 64 years old. If we sell our home we will lose at least 150,000 dollars. We won’t have the money to put down on another home. We have a very limited income & our money goes to help the children. We love our home & our kids, but we have the neighbor from Hell! It’s not fare for us to have to live in a stress 100% of the time.

I was told a restraining order was 450 bucks? The houses are 15 foot apart!

My wife doesn't need this kind of constant stress.
fortunately, you cannot just buy a restraining order. otherwise all heck could break loose.

now, since you are foster parents, you might have some resources available to you. my first thought was to question CPS about getting a restraining order on the woman for harrassing the children, did the responding social worker suggest anything? does this neighbor constantly talk to them?

me, i'm a bit of a smart ass. if someone was eaves dropping, i've give them some fun facts.

there is the option of killing with kindness. which is also quite fun.

thud

fortunately, you cannot just buy a restraining order. otherwise all heck could break loose.

now, since you are foster parents, you might have some resources available to you. my first thought was to question CPS about getting a restraining order on the woman for harrassing the children, did the responding social worker suggest anything? does this neighbor constantly talk to them?

me, i'm a bit of a smart ass. if someone was eaves dropping, i've give them some fun facts.

there is the option of killing with kindness. which is also quite fun.
The kindness thing wouldn't work in this case - CPS doesn't want to get involved - neither does the Foster Agency & I can understand that - we are pretty much on our own - I do believe that they should help but ?

Here is another example -
We had a foster child who wasn’t getting along with the other children. The agency decides to move her to another home. Some how the neighbor found out that the child had been placed in another home.

My neighbor contacted another one of our neighbors who works at the high school and tricked her into give her the name & phone number of where the child was now living.

My neighbor called the new foster parent & went on & on about how bad my wife & I were. Pure slander. This foster parent reported the phone call to our Foster agency & she also called us & gave us a heads up about the issue. I immediacy reported it to the State dept. of licensing. The lady at the school screwed up by giving out personal information but this gal is very good at tricking people.

When someone reports an issue with CPS, CPS is required to follow up on it. My wife & I never know when we are going to be interviewed by CPS for a valuation that never happen.

We have instructed our kids to stay away from the woman. The kids are scared of the woman.

I have been told to document the issue when it happens. I’m just tired of documenting things. Do I just keep documenting until I die?

The neighbor knows that CPS & the police department know her, so now she is targeting on our kids. We can’t let our kids go out side by themselves for fear of this woman approaching them.

I'm just can't have my wife deal with this stress any longer but I right now I'm lost as far as what to do. Like I said, If I could sell out & move I would let the neighbor win.

Doesn't sound like I have any legal options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">