• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grief from a Wanted Felon...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JadeGal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
I am considering doing a flyer on a wanted felon who is causing me severe grief. My goal is to have this person arrested for their crimes and find peace once they are doing their time. If I post this flyer, would it be considered defamation or would the felon have any grounds to do anything legal if I rat them out to our community?

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
I am considering doing a flyer on a wanted felon who is causing me severe grief. My goal is to have this person arrested for their crimes and find peace once they are doing their time. If I post this flyer, would it be considered defamation or would the felon have any grounds to do anything legal if I rat them out to our community?
What?

If the person is wanted why not call the police?

What is this person doing to you?

Call the police for that too.

JadeGal

(If the person is wanted why not call the police?)
I have called and emailed the police. Apparently, there is some reason why they will not do something, because nothing gets done.
(What is this person doing to you?)
Making threats to my life and my family's life via text and verbal. I am afraid. If something happens to me or any member of my family, I want to have a physical record that I tried to do something.
I would prefer a peaceful life. But...I feel I need to do something.

JadeGal

This individual has many restraining orders against her. She changes her name to avoid prosecution. Each arrest becomes a first offense.

Eekamouse

I guess you could file a restraining order but that might end the drama with this person, right? Can't have that. You're more interested in trying to stir the pot and get them in trouble with the police if you can and indulge in petty harassment against them. Grow up. :rolleyes:

JadeGal

I appreciate your professional opinion about should be done concerning this situation. I'll follow your advice and file the restraining order. I'll give the flyer to my family members only in the event the woman follows through with her threats. The officer took the report, so we do have documentation to show that we tried to do something. Thank you for all your kind encouragement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">