• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hacked facebook. People have been spying on us for years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bradley33

Sorry, I posted the op wrong. We just found out my gfs ex and his current wife hacked her Facebook and has been reading our personal messages back and forth for almost three years. She's told a third party she wants to be able to "destroy"my gf if given the chance. We want to contact a lwater but we don't know whatwe've said over r the last three years. I know there's been some mention of weed use, but could they use that against us?

LdiJ

Sorry, I posted the op wrong. We just found out my gfs ex and his current wife hacked her Facebook and has been reading our personal messages back and forth for almost three years. She's told a third party she wants to be able to "destroy"my gf if given the chance. We want to contact a lwater but we don't know whatwe've said over r the last three years. I know there's been some mention of weed use, but could they use that against us?
How do you believe that they could have "hacked" your Facebook?...and why would you discuss things like weed on FACEBOOK!

Silverplum

You don't need a "lwater." Three years, no action: change your password and move on. Stop being careless.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Never put anything online you wouldn't want your spouse, parent, child, employer, priest or lawyer to read. Seriously. C'mon people, this is not a difficult concept to understand!

(For SP - :rolleyes: ;) )

quincy

Defamation laws vary from state to state and country to country so, if you had been defamed, the state names or country name involved would matter. You failed to mention your state or if you are even in the US.

That said, defamation is the communication of false statements of fact that injure a reputation. If you did in fact use marijuana, having someone say you used marijuana would be communicating a true fact and not a false fact. Any injury to your reputation would be of your own doing.

I agree with the others. If you do not want what you write to be used against you in any way, do not commit to writing anything that you do not want others to know. I recommend you stop using Facebook as a diary.

Bradley33

Defamation laws vary from state to state and country to country so, if you had been defamed, the state names or country name involved would matter. You failed to mention your state or if you are even in the US.

That said, defamation is the communication of false statements of fact that injure a reputation. If you did in fact use marijuana, having someone say you used marijuana would be communicating a true fact and not a false fact. Any injury to your reputation would be of your own doing.

I agree with the others. If you do not want what you write to be used against you in any way, do not commit to writing anything that you do not want others to know. I recommend you stop using Facebook as a diary.
But can they use these messages against me? It seems they'd be unusable due to the way they were obtained. We gave them no access to our acount and it seems cases have been brought against people for doing such.

Bradley33

How do you believe that they could have "hacked" your Facebook?...and why would you discuss things like weed on FACEBOOK!
A third party was told by the husband. He mentioned specific things leading us to believe it was happening as recent as a month ago. Anything about weed was in our privape messages. Also they said they were collecting info to "destroy" my gf of need be

quincy

But can they use these messages against me? It seems they'd be unusable due to the way they were obtained. We gave them no access to our acount and it seems cases have been brought against people for doing such.
What is the name of your state or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Nothing posted online should be considered private.

There is no defamation if what you posted about your marijuana use is repeated by others. The marijuana use is true and defamation requires a communication of falsehoods.

The private messages might not be allowed as evidence in a court action if they were obtained using illegal means but the information contained in the messages can be passed on to others once obtained.

If you are concerned about your privacy, I recommend you stay off the internet.

Bradley33

What is the name of your state or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Nothing posted online should be considered private.

There is no defamation if what you posted about your marijuana use is repeated by others. The marijuana use is true and defamation requires a communication of falsehoods.

The private messages might not be allowed as evidence in a court action if they were obtained using illegal means but the information contained in the messages can be passed on to others once obtained.

If you are concerned about your privacy, I recommend you stay off the internet.
Ohio. So you're telling me it's legal for someone to hack private messages and use them against you in a legal case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">