• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassed on a Popular Streaming Service, Not Sure What to Do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trisbee

NYC

I'll try to make this as simple as possible. I am a video game streamer, the other day, my stream was flooded by new viewers, and it turned out they were racist bigots. They began putting racist songs in the room queue and spamming my chat with racist slurs and vulgar language. I tried to ban them but they kept unbanning themselves and they ended up hacking my room and changing the title to some nasty things. I was banned for hate speech even though I had nothing to do with it. When the ban was lifted they immediately did it a second time. The third time I did not even log on and they did it. I'm now being attacked on Twitter and the company hasn't as much as acknowledge me despite numerous attempts to get in touch. Is there anything as all I can do? I'm pretty distraught about this.

quincy

NYC

I'll try to make this as simple as possible. I am a video game streamer, the other day, my stream was flooded by new viewers, and it turned out they were racist bigots. They began putting racist songs in the room queue and spamming my chat with racist slurs and vulgar language. I tried to ban them but they kept unbanning themselves and they ended up hacking my room and changing the title to some nasty things. I was banned for hate speech even though I had nothing to do with it. When the ban was lifted they immediately did it a second time. The third time I did not even log on and they did it. I'm now being attacked on Twitter and the company hasn't as much as acknowledge me despite numerous attempts to get in touch. Is there anything as all I can do? I'm pretty distraught about this.
Do you have any idea why you are being targeted? Attacks of the type you say you are experiencing generally can be traced back to an incident or event that started it all.

trisbee

Do you have any idea why you are being targeted? Attacks of the type you say you are experiencing generally can be traced back to an incident or event that started it all.
No, I have no type of negative interactions with anyone on the internet. If anything I'm supportive of most.

quincy

No, I have no type of negative interactions with anyone on the internet. If anything I'm supportive of most.
What do you believe are the reasons for the responses you have received ? What are the subjects you have been exploring in your games?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">