• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassing someone on different emails

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

interneter

Hi,

So a few months ago my ex ran away from the country and i found out via facebook he went and go married supposedly arranged!...and that he had actually been engaged a few months earlier while he went on a holiday...naturally i got mad but i also got over the top psycho and sent this insane amount of emails pretty much for 5 months straight demanding an explanation. and because i thought he blocked my email address i made a bunch of different ones to make sure he go the message....right now for the question. today i get a msg saying that he's shown my mail to a laywer friend of his and he will file a complaint against me using my home address (i am currently in another country) and my sis happens to be in the same country he lives in so he said he will claim that my sis is handling some of the email ids (which i dont think will prove anything because the IP address will always be from my current country right?)...he said I dont no wat he is capable of and he can cause trouble for me and my family (because he thinks i dragged his family into it..which i didn't!! i did say i wld contact them if he didn't answer but thats about the extent and he knows im lying cos ive said that for like months on occasion) and if my family try to go get a visa to that country it will cause problems because i have a complaint (or more so he will use my sis!!)...is this tru?? is this even possible?? emailing harrassement surely doesn't have claims even if i use different emails right??...theres a part of me that thinks its all bull and a way to make me panic and stop mailing (which i def will!) but also because if his fam find out he had a rship in another country there will be trouble for him because of his traditional background/religion which is worse than ppl realizing how psycho i became...(but there is more to the story of us and why it hpnd but basic line is he lied/cheated/i was angry!)..so you reckon it's true..can you actually file a case for harrassing someone via different email accounts which in turn would stop getting a visa (if it's lies than obviously the lawyer friend was wrong!)...but im freaking out now..big time!

thanks hope someone can enlighten me soon!

Proserpina

Hi,

So a few months ago my ex ran away from the country and i found out via facebook he went and go married supposedly arranged!...and that he had actually been engaged a few months earlier while he went on a holiday...naturally i got mad but i also got over the top psycho and sent this insane amount of emails pretty much for 5 months straight demanding an explanation. and because i thought he blocked my email address i made a bunch of different ones to make sure he go the message....right now for the question. today i get a msg saying that he's shown my mail to a laywer friend of his and he will file a complaint against me using my home address (i am currently in another country) and my sis happens to be in the same country he lives in so he said he will claim that my sis is handling some of the email ids (which i dont think will prove anything because the IP address will always be from my current country right?)...he said I dont no wat he is capable of and he can cause trouble for me and my family (because he thinks i dragged his family into it..which i didn't!! i did say i wld contact them if he didn't answer but thats about the extent and he knows im lying cos ive said that for like months on occasion) and if my family try to go get a visa to that country it will cause problems because i have a complaint (or more so he will use my sis!!)...is this tru?? is this even possible?? emailing harrassement surely doesn't have claims even if i use different emails right??...theres a part of me that thinks its all bull and a way to make me panic and stop mailing (which i def will!) but also because if his fam find out he had a rship in another country there will be trouble for him because of his traditional background/religion which is worse than ppl realizing how psycho i became...(but there is more to the story of us and why it hpnd but basic line is he lied/cheated/i was angry!)..so you reckon it's true..can you actually file a case for harrassing someone via different email accounts which in turn would stop getting a visa (if it's lies than obviously the lawyer friend was wrong!)...but im freaking out now..big time!

Please tell me you are not talking about the US.

quincy

Hi,

Sending a massive amount of emails about a person to that person, even when you use several different email addresses from which to send them, would not fall under defamation laws in any country.

It might be a good idea for you to find something better to do with your time.

(You know, "interneter," after all the time you spent yesterday thinking about creating a post for the libel section of the forum, I am sort of disappointed that this is all that you came up with. ;))

Eekamouse

Hi,

I feel sorry for the next guy who gets mixed up with you. I kind of get why this guy ran off with another woman and got married. You have issues.

quincy

I feel sorry for the next guy who gets mixed up with you. I kind of get why this guy ran off with another woman and got married. You have issues.
I think this particular poster's issue has less to do with a failed relationship in another country and more to do with inappropriate uses of his/her computer.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
He's your ex. what he does in his personal life is no longer your business. Find a (new) hobby.

quincy

This is not a real situation. It was created by a rather unimaginative poster. :)

But if it were a real situation, there is little likelihood that any criminal charges of any kind would result from sending numerous emails to a single individual who resides in a different country. What is more likely to happen is that interneter's internet account would be cancelled.

At least interneter recognizes in a self-assessment provided in the first post "how psycho" s/he has become. That is a step in the right direction to getting help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">