• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He wants money and he is stalking me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dixiedexter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina.

ok so, my ex fiance gave me $1100 to move back out to south carolina from california. when i got back here and told him that i didnt want to be in a relationship with him he flipped out and said i needed to pay him back. i said fine i would pay him back. a few days later after calling me a slew of names he said that he didnt want any money (which i still have the text). he left me alone for about 3 weeks, no after stalking me on the internet he found out that i have a boyfriend and he wants his money again. he is sending me emails saying he is going to go to every event that i go to and publicly emberass me. he also said he is going to make my life miserable. i consider these threats. he owes my parents $6000 from about 8 years ago. bc he was taking money out of their bank account. so i felt justified when he said he would fly me back out here and pay for everything. he said that western union said he could sue me for loan fraud. please help i need to know whats going to happen. or if he can even do anything since there was no loan contract made, just an email saying i would pay him back.

Proserpina

Yes, he can sue you for the loan.

You have conceded that you owe him the money.

Whether the email will stand up in court is anybody's guess though.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina.

ok so, my ex fiance gave me $1100 to move back out to south carolina from california. when i got back here and told him that i didnt want to be in a relationship with him he flipped out and said i needed to pay him back. i said fine i would pay him back. a few days later after calling me a slew of names he said that he didnt want any money (which i still have the text). he left me alone for about 3 weeks, no after stalking me on the internet he found out that i have a boyfriend and he wants his money again. he is sending me emails saying he is going to go to every event that i go to and publicly emberass me. he also said he is going to make my life miserable. i consider these threats. he owes my parents $6000 from about 8 years ago. bc he was taking money out of their bank account. so i felt justified when he said he would fly me back out here and pay for everything. he said that western union said he could sue me for loan fraud. please help i need to know whats going to happen. or if he can even do anything since there was no loan contract made, just an email saying i would pay him back.
**A: so you took his money and left CA to go see him in SC all the while having a boyfriend? Is this some kind of soap opera or what?

The_Saint

Him owing your parents money is a seperate issue that they will have to deal with. You can't withold his money for his debt to someone else unless you have a court order to do so.

If you were planning to dump him, you should not have taken his money. Very poor taste.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">