• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whoknows11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

My boyfriends ex is trying to keep his kids from him so she is saying that I am stripping in front of her kids and that I traumatized them! She is also telling people that I have herpes which I have no idea where she got that from. I just don't know how I would be able to prove that I am not that kind of person other than the points I have already said which are I've had a steady job and I have a son and have never had any issues with that.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

My boyfriends ex is trying to keep his kids from him so she is saying that I am stripping in front of her kids and that I traumatized them! She is also telling people that I have herpes which I have no idea where she got that from. I just don't know how I would be able to prove that I am not that kind of person other than the points I have already said which are I've had a steady job and I have a son and have never had any issues with that.

While falsely accusing someone of having an STD can be considered defamation per se (I haven't checked the Kansas statute yet), I think the real problem here is that your boyfriend is seemingly in the midst of a custody dispute and his ex apparently feels threatened by your presence.

I realize that both parties are entitled to move on...but would it perhaps be best to lay low for awhile?

whoknows11

I understand what you mean and I have been laying as low as I can. This has been going on for awhile now and she won't let him be around the kids or even call them until I'm out of the picture which this is really difficult cause we live together. In all seriousness we want to take the kids because she lives with her boyfriend who just the other day punched my boyfriends 3 year old in the nose when he was sleeping and put a pillow over his baby's face to stop him from crying. No child should have to live like that and she acts like none of it happened. She will only admit to it once to my boyfriend and she only says "I talked to him about it". A police report was made on that and of course, nothing.

Just Blue

I understand what you mean and I have been laying as low as I can. This has been going on for awhile now and she won't let him be around the kids or even call them until I'm out of the picture which this is really difficult cause we live together. In all seriousness we want to take the kids because she lives with her boyfriend who just the other day punched my boyfriends 3 year old in the nose when he was sleeping and put a pillow over his baby's face to stop him from crying. No child should have to live like that and she acts like none of it happened. She will only admit to it once to my boyfriend and she only says "I talked to him about it". A police report was made on that and of course, nothing.
There is absolutely no way on earth YOU are going to be able to "take" the kids. Take yourself out of his custody problems.

When the ex's bf "punched" and tried to "smother" the children what did Child Protective Services do in response to Dad alerting them?

whoknows11

d

I'm aware that I can't take the kids. He is working with his lawyer on that. He did. Notify SRS and they did investigations but she told her kids to lie to srs or she will beat them so they lied. This isn't where I'm trying to go with this post though. I was just trying to paint a picture of who the real threat was. Neither of us would do a thing like that to our kids or allow anyone else to. Its just his ex will not stop. I have never contacted her and she says I stalk her house, call, text, and threaten her all the time. I took my phone and text logs to court and that helped now she took me back saying I'm stripping and drinking in front of her kids when I haven't been around them in about 4 months and I don't even drink. It doesn't help that she is having her oldest son lie about it. I'm just trying to figure out for one if the court will listen to a 7 year old and two if there is anyway that I would be able to prove I'm not a threat.

whoknows11

By the time the dad found out and made a police report there wasn't any bruising. I'm not sure why they still couldn't do anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">