• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heathercarey198

Please help
08/12/15- JC knocked in my door at aprx. 4:45 pm knocking me against right side my jaw and right ear as she had uninvited forced her way into my house. Tried getting by me . i forcedly stopped her telling her get out of my home. At this point she swung Again i dodged she grabbed me by my hair pulling all the way out of home onto my porch so i forcedly got her off me and she ran down my steps to her car taking my dog with her. (I have 3 eyewitnesses).
08/13/15- i was in fear of my safely so i left my home to another state. As i was there my truck broke down and i don't believe would have if not had to be driven such a long distance i had to replace a major fuse (100amp mega fuse), the compressor locked up which caused me and my son to have to drive with no air condition. Cost me 2 extra days with no ride, gas and an oil and filter change.. (which i have reciepts for)
08/14/15-08/17/15- she has proceeded to harass me and spread false accusations to the point where I'm afraid she's going to try to do major harm to me and or my child.
8/17/15- i finally made it back to south Carolina to speak with the investigating officer, but he does not return on duty till 08/19/15. I am afraid for my well being until i get the restraining order.
I'm out lots of my financial means that i could be using for my son and me. She has made it nearly impossible for me to feel safe in my own home town anywhere near her
I've had to pay for hotel rooms. When i left state my vehicle broke down. In which i have all reciepts for including meals u could have cooked at home but had to buy out she disposed of my mail that prevented me from getting my snap benefits for month of August which has hurt me bad not to mention opened it and disposed so I'd have no evidence she opened it ( from a witness she told to at the moment )
I have audio recording where she called about my mail. And other txt where she is threatening and harassing and slandering me along with several witnesses willing to testify
as proof of the violent acts this woman has brought on me and attempted her self are in 2008 she attached me with a 6 in. Kitchen knife (which the records can be got) (but because my mom. Was on parole i didn't show up for court.

Last edited by a moderator:

quincy

Please help
08/12/15- JC knocked in my door at aprx. 4:45 pm knocking me against right side my jaw and right ear as she had uninvited forced her way into my house. Tried getting by me . i forcedly stopped her telling her get out of my home. At this point she swung Again i dodged she grabbed me by my hair pulling all the way out of home onto my porch so i forcedly got her off me and she ran down my steps to her car taking my dog with her. (I have 3 eyewitnesses).
08/13/15- i was in fear of my safely so i left my home to another state. As i was there my truck broke down and i don't believe would have if not had to be driven such a long distance i had to replace a major fuse (100amp mega fuse), the compressor locked up which caused me and my son to have to drive with no air condition. Cost me 2 extra days with no ride, gas and an oil and filter change.. (which i have reciepts for)
08/14/15-08/17/15- she has proceeded to harass me and spread false accusations to the point where I'm afraid she's going to try to do major harm to me and or my child.
8/17/15- i finally made it back to XXXX south Carolina to speak with the investigating officer, but he does not return on duty till 08/19/15. I am afraid for my well being until i get the restraining order.
I'm out lots of my financial means that i could be using for my son and me. She has made it nearly impossible for me to feel safe in my own home town anywhere near her
I've had to pay for hotel rooms. When i left state my vehicle broke down. In which i have all reciepts for including meals u could have cooked at home but had to buy out she disposed of my mail that prevented me from getting my snap benefits for month of August which has hurt me bad not to mention opened it and disposed so I'd have no evidence she opened it ( from a witness she told to at the moment )
I have audio recording where she called about my mail. And other txt where she is threatening and harassing and slandering me along with several witnesses willing to testify
as proof of the violent acts this woman has brought on me and attempted her self are in 2008 she attached me with a 6 in. Kitchen knife (which the records can be got) (but because my mom. Was on parole i didn't show up for court.
Reports made to the police are covered by a "qualified privilege" which means that they cannot be used to support a defamation claim without proof of actual malice (reported with knowledge of falsity and an intent to cause harm). Actual malice is extremely difficult to prove.

What JC says to others about you, however, could potentially be used to show defamation if what is said is false and your reputation has been demonstrably harmed as a result.

That said, what you have described sounds more like a police matter. Trying to get a restraining order sounds to be your best course of action and it appears you have evidence necessary to support the issuance of one. I am not seeing, at least from what you have posted, that a defamation claim makes much sense, though.

You would probably be smart to consult with an attorney in South Carolina for a review of all facts.

Good luck.

(as a note: If you have used your real name as a user name, it is best if you change this name - for your protection and for the protection of those about whom you are writing)

Last edited:

Eekamouse

Please help
8/17/15- i finally made it back to south Carolina to speak with the investigating officer, but he does not return on duty till 08/19/15. I am afraid for my well being until i get the restraining order.
Do you think you're going to be able to force this other person to pay for your truck repairs, hotel costs, and meals? Don't hold your breath on that.

quincy

Do you think you're going to be able to force this other person to pay for your truck repairs, hotel costs, and meals? Don't hold your breath on that.
I think the best heather can hope for is a restraining order and possibly criminal charges filed against JC - depending on all facts. And I think there may be a few vital facts missing.

There is so much that is going on in heather's life that it does not seem like a forum can be of much help, unless it is used to help heather sort out what is relevant and what is not. The truck repairs, hotel costs and meals are a few of the nots. :)

Here is a link to information on how to obtain an harassment/stalking restraining order in South Carolina:
http://www.judicial.state.sc.us/summaryCourtBenchBook/HTML/CivilQ.htm

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">