• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP can I sue for slander/defamation/cyber stalking?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stressed1

I'm sorry. Like the first answer said, just do not go to these sites/crowd your mind and life with these people and their issues. If they're not your family, it'll be easy to get them out of your hair, right? I've been bullied, called actually untrue names, etc. By my family. And they've done more direct things as I've gotten older, but I know it's not fun to be called hurtful, or untrue names. Or, even if they're true, to have it thrown in your face. One thing that has helped me cope with my situation, especially when I was dealing with what happened to me directly after an untrue, hurtful retaliation petition was filed against me, is the truth is the truth no matter what. My mom actually said something kinda similar to what you've experienced, she made up this ridiculous, grasping at straws attempt lie that i was actually abusing benadryl. Number one, Benadryl was not found in my system when I was evaluated bc of that petition, so wouldn't they realize it was bogus? I had been having really bad allergy attacks at that time, and for 3 days, I took one benadryl a day as needed to help cope with it. I didn't even take benadryl when I did need it most of the time then. And I was prescribed Benadryl for ant and mosquito bites I'd gotten, and took one, and realized it was too strong, didn't touch the rest. And i do remember my mom saw me taking the over the counter benadryl (like i said, for 3 days, one a day). So, in her delusional mind, she justified hurting me, because..she had already hurt me, and no way could she be the problem. In her mind. But that's not reality. and, you know you're not an addict, right? Also, Psalm 23, has helped me, even if it doesn't take away the problem, it helps.
Eventually, everything does come out, and usually people who bully, abuse, etc are really sick messed up people. And, the problem is within them, but they refuse to get help, and that's not mine or your fault.
And also, i have been really misjudged, but they're not god. and that's not their job, so at the end of the day, it doesn't matter, but it does hurt. I am seeking legal help to protect and stand up for myself, to finally say my truth. Not to just get money, but to make sure this does not happen anymore to my life, as it has.
Is a lawyer doing your case pro bono? How much money do you think you can get for damages??

Proserpina

ok BUT what about this case where facebook impersonators were arrested for cyber stalking a 15 year old? Surely my case is the same except I'm an adult?
Look it's here on the smoking gun...
Girls Busted For Phony Facebook Pages | The Smoking Gun

stressed1, I understand that you're still very hurt and stressed.

But really, I cannot see how this message board can help you further.

You have been advised to speak with an attorney, and to avoid the situation.

Make a report to local police. See if they'll act.

Don't be surprised if nothing happens.

JaMount84

No, stressed, I don't have a lawyer right now. I did last year, but when I told someone who was part of the problem I was getting legal help, she wrote an untrue retaliation petition that directly affected my life. But, the poster above me who commented on my situation. Actually, I know there is cause for legal action in my situation. there are a lot of things that have happened for no reason other than I was simply, finally reporting actual crimes, and violence and neglect that happened to me within my family. And, just so you know, I've never used any street drugs, or abused any prescribed drugs. In fact, I was miss-medicated, if that's a word. You should get my point. My mom made a completely bogus statement that I was abusing Benadryl, and it was used on the retaliation petition that resulted in me basically being falsely imprisoned. I don't care how it sounds, as I know there are sick people (who through all this, I was forced to be around) who make **** up, but I have gotten proof of some of the family things that I reported such as a felony forgery done by two of my sisters. My other sister told people in this system who made huge mistakes to my life, that yes, these things I said are real, and the family stuff has never stopped b/c it's never been addressed properly.
I've had two (actually 3) different evaluations done by psychiatrists not associated with all the mistakes, and they found no psychosis, and didn't agree with the first, wrong diagnosis. The reason it started was when I reported things, my mom denied it (just her word, no actual proof) and said exaggerated, delusional statements about how I had been coping with it all. Again, I've never done drugs in my life, never drank, never wanted to as I got older. So, because of that bogus statement from my mom, and other untrue reasons, I was handcuffed, and could not leave a facility, they would not listen to me, I was in shock, and I was drugged up yet again.
Right now, there's a lot of..big things left undone. I have a new psychiatrist who properly diagnosed me, by actually listening to me and making a fair judgment call, but, I have had many damages from the drugs I shouldn't have been given, the family stuff, has progressed and nothing has been resolved. I reported the forgery two years after (I was severely intimidated by my parents and sisters) it happened. The police here in az should have helped me get it cleared up, even if it wasn't done in this state or county. The people responsible were right here. And why was i mistakenly seen as psychotic when there was no actual evidence to support it except my moms denials? Why did i go through this for the last 4 years stuck in their mistakes, trying to stand up for myself, only to have it thrown in my face their own mistakes. The problem isn't me, and I had to be numb to get through the misdiagnosis process but it was thrown in my face again and again whenever a family member would do something new, be it theft, assault, whatever. And it has happened. And then standing up to "doctors" who don't listen, think they know everything about you, and in actuality I shouldn't have even been forced into the mental health system here, let alone with all this misinformation from the start. There is a lot of emotional trauma from this, and I don't even get an apology from the people in the system who've done this to my life. If they don't correct their serious errors, what's going to stop them from doing it again, if I decide to get legal help? That is how, it's snow-balled in the first place. Nothing was ever corrected when it should, even though I never showed any psychotic symptoms, it was all what was written down and regurgitated and misconceived, things that I never even ever thought or said were used in all this. I shouldn't have to explain why there have been so many unbelievable, wrong mistakes put into my life, I didn't make them, and I don't deserve getting no closure, or answers.
So, you may think what you will, but that doesn't mean I don't have a legit case for something.

Proserpina

No, stressed, I don't have a lawyer right now. I did last year, but when I told someone who was part of the problem I was getting legal help, she wrote an untrue retaliation petition that directly affected my life. But, the poster above me who commented on my situation. Actually, I know there is cause for legal action in my situation. there are a lot of things that have happened for no reason other than I was simply, finally reporting actual crimes, and violence and neglect that happened to me within my family. And, just so you know, I've never used any street drugs, or abused any prescribed drugs. In fact, I was miss-medicated, if that's a word. You should get my point. My mom made a completely bogus statement that I was abusing Benadryl, and it was used on the retaliation petition that resulted in me basically being falsely imprisoned. I don't care how it sounds, as I know there are sick people (who through all this, I was forced to be around) who make **** up, but I have gotten proof of some of the family things that I reported such as a felony forgery done by two of my sisters. My other sister told people in this system who made huge mistakes to my life, that yes, these things I said are real, and the family stuff has never stopped b/c it's never been addressed properly.
I've had two (actually 3) different evaluations done by psychiatrists not associated with all the mistakes, and they found no psychosis, and didn't agree with the first, wrong diagnosis. The reason it started was when I reported things, my mom denied it (just her word, no actual proof) and said exaggerated, delusional statements about how I had been coping with it all. Again, I've never done drugs in my life, never drank, never wanted to as I got older. So, because of that bogus statement from my mom, and other untrue reasons, I was handcuffed, and could not leave a facility, they would not listen to me, I was in shock, and I was drugged up yet again.
Right now, there's a lot of..big things left undone. I have a new psychiatrist who properly diagnosed me, by actually listening to me and making a fair judgment call, but, I have had many damages from the drugs I shouldn't have been given, the family stuff, has progressed and nothing has been resolved. I reported the forgery two years after (I was severely intimidated by my parents and sisters) it happened. The police here in az should have helped me get it cleared up, even if it wasn't done in this state or county. The people responsible were right here. And why was i mistakenly seen as psychotic when there was no actual evidence to support it except my moms denials? Why did i go through this for the last 4 years stuck in their mistakes, trying to stand up for myself, only to have it thrown in my face their own mistakes. The problem isn't me, and I had to be numb to get through the misdiagnosis process but it was thrown in my face again and again whenever a family member would do something new, be it theft, assault, whatever. And it has happened. And then standing up to "doctors" who don't listen, think they know everything about you, and in actuality I shouldn't have even been forced into the mental health system here, let alone with all this misinformation from the start. There is a lot of emotional trauma from this, and I don't even get an apology from the people in the system who've done this to my life. If they don't correct their serious errors, what's going to stop them from doing it again, if I decide to get legal help? That is how, it's snow-balled in the first place. Nothing was ever corrected when it should, even though I never showed any psychotic symptoms, it was all what was written down and regurgitated and misconceived, things that I never even ever thought or said were used in all this. I shouldn't have to explain why there have been so many unbelievable, wrong mistakes put into my life, I didn't make them, and I don't deserve getting no closure, or answers.
So, you may think what you will, but that doesn't mean I don't have a legit case for something.

You are hijacking someone else's thread - please don't do that.

I repeat - getting an attorney to litigate a defamation suit pro bono just isn't going to happen.

And please note that your situation is so vastly different from the OP's, that it makes your posts completely pointless. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but this really isn't the correct venue for venting.

JaMount84

I apologize to the thread starter. I have been..misjudged at various times through my situation for doing drugs, with no proof or real cause for suspicion, so I guess I felt you were kind of insinuating it.

stressed1

I believe in the 1st Amendment, strongly.

but you people aren't reading my posts here carefully enough.

With Free Speech comes responsibility: where your rights begin, mine do not end.

There are few people in this world who truly have no concept of what it means to inflict intentional harm upon another.

The internet should not give license to blanketed bullying.

"Defamation or "defamation of character" is spoken or written words that falsely and negatively reflect on a living person's reputation. If a person or the news media says or writes something about you that harms your reputation, or that keeps people from associating with you, defamation has occurred. Slander is oral defamation, and libel is written defamation."

Since 2005, I've experienced their particular form of attack.

All because I wanted to wax poetic about PERFUME on a Forum.

You "meet" even one damaged individual on the internet...that's all it takes.

If it stays between them and their gossipy pals, fine.

If it stays contained on a certain "hate site" - fine. But it doesn't.

Google (etc.) picks it ALL up for the world to see.

My name, all of my family member's names, she/he/it/they got them from my dad's online obituary (etc.)...all are now insulted online.

I haven't heard from my stepmom lately and I am wondering why.

What has she seen and not understood.

I have a stepsister through my dad's marriage - I don't even know her and yet her name has been placed on Google (etc.) next to mine in various, repulsive ways.

I mentioned the situation to my stepmom yrs ago and she said, change your email addy, it'll stop.

Those of who know how this online stuff goes realize that if one remains online, anywhere,

if one tries to stay strong and stay on a website she enjoys even though some people are believing in bs,

no matter what you choose to do, a determined stalker WILL find you.

In my case, the stalking continues, no matter what I do.

In closing, It is a SUBJECT of utmost importance.

I am simply speaking of my experience...from my own perspective as a way to further raise consciousness.

Do I hope something within acceptable limits gets done, somehow, to protect the innocent?

(and who decides what "acceptable" is? believe me, I get how fine a line it is. )
it's time.
:mad:Possible options for anyone?... Can I hire a lawyer and prove Malice? Are all lawyers greedy and in it for the money...instead of Compassion? Or is there someone out there who'll do what's right and help me sue these mother****ers and get the money I deserve for my years of pain and suffering? I have been persecuted ten too many times. The innocent and the ugly...they hold hands.

Proserpina

If I didn't know that you're very hurt and angry, I'd almost be insulted by you implying that we haven't read your posts thoroughly. ;)

Because believe me - we've read your posts. Over and over.

I have - truly - no idea what you want from this forum; you have been advised to speak with an attorney.

If an attorney will not take your case without a huge retainer, then that is usually a very good indication that quite simply, you don't have a case.

PLEASE SPEAK WITH A LOCAL ATTORNEY.

Attorneys do not generally troll these boards looking for clients.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">