• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help me! This boy will stop at nothing!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtd91

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? RI

I go to college with this guy I used to see. Him and I were together for a week (end of Sept '10). I left him after that week because I no longer liked him. He is now telling this guy that he used to see and that im now talking to, that Im the school slut, that I slept with all the guys at my college, that I lie about everything, and that he will cetch an STD if he gets with me. I have reason to believe he is telling more people this (this is an on going event and still discovering things). People are starting to shuun me out. I dont believe asking this guy to stop will help any. During the time I saw him, he had threated to key my car if i ever left him (he hasnt yet). So is this slander? What can I do? Should I sue?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

xylene

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? RI

I go to college with this guy I used to see. Him and I were together for a week (end of Sept '10). I left him after that week because I no longer liked him. He is now telling this guy that he used to see and that im now talking to, that Im the school slut, that I slept with all the guys at my college, that I lie about everything, and that he will cetch an STD if he gets with me. I have reason to believe he is telling more people this (this is an on going event and still discovering things). People are starting to shuun me out. I dont believe asking this guy to stop will help any. During the time I saw him, he had threated to key my car if i ever left him (he hasnt yet). So is this slander? What can I do? Should I sue?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Report the threat of violence to the campus police.

Hot Topic

Interesting that apparently everyone is willing to believe this individual.

You may be able to find a lawyer that will send him a letter at no (or very little) charge warning of legal action if he continues his verbal campaign against you.

justalayman

are you from a wealthy family or independently wealthy?

If so, go and file a slander suit. Be prepared to spend 10's of thousands of dollars; to spend several years getting this into court, and then; having very little, if anything, happen, even if you win.

If not; learn to expect people you don't know to ignore you and your friends to consider the guy an ass and move on with life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">