• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Neighbor is video taping me 24 hrs a day!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

codon blue

What is the name of your state? Washington
My boyfriend and I live in a small mobile home park and about a month ago an older lady who lives across the street from us mounted a video camera outside on her trailer and it is pointed directly at my trailer. My sister and her family live right next door to us and this neighbor has been video taping her as well. She even made false allegations to CPS about my sister leaving her children home alone which isn't true. When I called the owner of the park to complain, he was already aware of the situation. In fact, he informed me that this neighbor was showing these video tapes to the police and telling them that we are dealing or using drugs. This is completely untrue, in fact, we only have a handful of friends who visit us, and none of us have ever been in trouble for using drugs. The owner of the park, didn't seem to care about my concerns so now I am at a loss on what to do next. We own this trailer, so moving would be expensive. Isn't this an invasion of our privacy, or defamation of our character, or something illegal? We need help fast, because we are going nuts over this and don't even feel comfortable being outside in our own yard!!

Litigation!

codon blue said:
What is the name of your state? Washington
My boyfriend and I live in a small mobile home park and about a month ago an older lady who lives across the street from us mounted a video camera outside on her trailer and it is pointed directly at my trailer. My sister and her family live right next door to us and this neighbor has been video taping her as well. She even made false allegations to CPS about my sister leaving her children home alone which isn't true. When I called the owner of the park to complain, he was already aware of the situation. In fact, he informed me that this neighbor was showing these video tapes to the police and telling them that we are dealing or using drugs. This is completely untrue, in fact, we only have a handful of friends who visit us, and none of us have ever been in trouble for using drugs. The owner of the park, didn't seem to care about my concerns so now I am at a loss on what to do next. We own this trailer, so moving would be expensive. Isn't this an invasion of our privacy, or defamation of our character, or something illegal? We need help fast, because we are going nuts over this and don't even feel comfortable being outside in our own yard!!

My response:

Why don't you fight fire with fire? Hurl a Molotov bottle at her trailer!

IAAL

racer72

This is just a suggestion, I am not saying you should do this. But on a bright sunny day the reflection of the sun with a mirror into a camera lens can and will cause the camera to malfunction.

justalayman

racer72 said:
This is just a suggestion, I am not saying you should do this. But on a bright sunny day the reflection of the sun with a mirror into a camera lens can and will cause the camera to malfunction.
The problem with this idea is the OP would be recorded aiming the mirror. This evidence would not be destroyed and could be used as evidence when the nosey neighbor sues for intentional damage to the camera.

Now not that my ideas are any brighter but I see two things to do here:

1. ask the neighbor what is the problem and will she stop doing this. (more than likely unsuccessful but worth a shot)

2. take IAAL's suggestion in mind. You can buy fake video cams at Radio Shack as well as other places. Buy several of them and put them in your yard facing the NN. Be sure to run a cable into the house so it will look realistic. Set them up so you can see as much of her home as legally possible. My guess is she will complain to the LL. Then it is time to play "Let's Make a Deal". Tell her if she will knock off her crap, so will you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">