• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hotel Manager slanders me to my manager !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

serenityskies

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida .
My husbands girlfriends boss a GM at a top hotel called my company and slanderd my reputation to my Manager saying I was a drug addict alcoholic ! this caused me to take an overdose of pills and take time out from my job now im unemployed . I have never met this Manager . I called him once to inform him my husband was staying there free by his girlfriend who works on reception , I needed him home to look after his daughter as she was sick and I had an imortant meeting at work. Can I file a law suite on this hotel Manager.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida .
My husbands girlfriends boss a GM at a top hotel called my company and slanderd my reputation to my Manager saying I was a drug addict alcoholic ! this caused me to take an overdose of pills and take time out from my job now im unemployed . I have never met this Manager . I called him once to inform him my husband was staying there free by his girlfriend who works on reception , I needed him home to look after his daughter as she was sick and I had an imortant meeting at work. Can I file a law suite on this hotel Manager.

(That's..interesting).

What is it you hope to gain?

How are you going to prove that it's the Manager's actions caused your overdose?

(Clue: You can't)

sandyclaus

Awww... poor little wifey, whose husband has a girlfriend, needs some attention.

You tried to get the g/f into trouble with her boss by ratting her out about comping a room for your husband. When that didn't work, you decided that taking a bottle of pills was the answer.

Nope, none of that is the husband's fault, or the girlfriend, or the girlfriend's boss' fault either. No one MADE you choose to take those pills and overdose but YOU.

Unless you have taken major time off, one incident of taking time off won't usually get you fired. I'd bet it was more like a LOT of time off, along with coming to work intoxicated. And calling in sick frequently. That's why you lost your job.

You can't blame the world for your troubles. It is all caused by your inability to control what is going on in your life, and how you choose to deal with that.

Start by getting into therapy for your obvious lack of self-esteem which has plummeted you into trying to take your own life. Get a divorce and get rid of the husband who has decided that he needs to flaunt his extramarital relationship.

Get a grip and learn to take control of YOUR OWN LIFE. Stop trying to blame it all on everyone else and learn how to make more responsible choices for yourself.

davew128

My husbands girlfriends boss a GM at a top hotel called my company and slanderd my reputation to my Manager saying I was a drug addict alcoholic ! this caused me to take an overdose of pills
Truth is an absolute defense to a charge of slander. :rolleyes:

By the way, why does your husband have a girlfriend on the side?

serenityskies

Maybe i didnt make my story clear . I filed divorce on my husband for emotional financial and physical abuse ! before this happened . second time for him . I had been working as a manager for this huge company for five years . I have been in recovery for almost 15 years and proud of my constent fight despite all the abuse. My ex secretly took me off the house deed . kicked me out of the family home after this . My ex husbands girlfriend tried to take an order out on me in the civil courts saying she feared me . this was laughed out of court by the judge as not once in the three year affair did i approach her and say anything to her or threaten her not once did i go to the hotel and cause a scene . I wanted out of my marriage . My husband now ex knew about my recovery before we married and is a top motivational speaker to kids for addiction so I helped him in many ways with my knowledge . prior to being a hotel manager I was a flight attendant . I lost my job because of the gossip that leaked because of this I took the over doze . I regret it but I was at breaking point . I felt this Manager invaded my privacy by calling my manager . He didnt know me . and by the way im white my ex is black and the race card is already used in court . both my ex and his girlfriend were laughed out of court with absolutely NO proof of anything . We have three beautiful children , joint custody and my ex wont let me see them for four months he is keeping me from them contempt of court papers served twice . this is another story. He is muslim and said if you divorce me you divorce the kids . thats just part of my story im not a victim but I do feel this manager who is with a complete different company had NO right to call my job.

Antigone*

Maybe i didnt make my story clear . I filed divorce on my husband for emotional financial and physical abuse ! before this happened . second time for him . I had been working as a manager for this huge company for five years . I have been in recovery for almost 15 years and proud of my constent fight despite all the abuse. My ex secretly took me off the house deed . kicked me out of the family home after this . My ex husbands girlfriend tried to take an order out on me in the civil courts saying she feared me . this was laughed out of court by the judge as not once in the three year affair did i approach her and say anything to her or threaten her not once did i go to the hotel and cause a scene . I wanted out of my marriage . My husband now ex knew about my recovery before we married and is a top motivational speaker to kids for addiction so I helped him in many ways with my knowledge . prior to being a hotel manager I was a flight attendant . I lost my job because of the gossip that leaked because of this I took the over doze . I regret it but I was at breaking point . I felt this Manager invaded my privacy by calling my manager . He didnt know me . and by the way im white my ex is black and the race card is already used in court . both my ex and his girlfriend were laughed out of court with absolutely NO proof of anything . We have three beautiful children , joint custody and my ex wont let me see them for four months he is keeping me from them contempt of court papers served twice . this is another story. He is muslim and said if you divorce me you divorce the kids . thats just part of my story im not a victim but I do feel this manager who is with a complete different company had NO right to call my job.

What you feel is not relevant to what is legal in this case.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Taking an overdose of pills is proof that you abuse drugs. Hence none of the above matters.

serenityskies

I do not abuse drugs ! eleven weeks after the exs girlfriends manager called my Job I took an overdose of Tylenol. after weeks of mental abuse from my ex husband if I didnt give him my money he would kick me out on the street . Even when I lost my job at Macys I had to give my ex husband my 401k if not he would kick me out on the street . Which he did . I wanted help asking about the Hotel Manager calling my job. that was it . And I do have Macys Manager who is willing to back me too as she thought this was wrong . Its Ok .. I just wanted an opinion. Im also not the poor wifey ! I filed divorce on my ex husband ! Years of abuse Years of put down. Manipulation and threats . Im not a Victim I put up with his abuse .

Antigone*

I do not abuse drugs ! eleven weeks after the exs girlfriends manager called my Job I took an overdose of Tylenol. after weeks of mental abuse from my ex husband if I didnt give him my money he would kick me out on the street . Even when I lost my job at Macys I had to give my ex husband my 401k if not he would kick me out on the street . Which he did . I wanted help asking about the Hotel Manager calling my job. that was it . And I do have Macys Manager who is willing to back me too as she thought this was wrong . Its Ok .. I just wanted an opinion. Im also not the poor wifey ! I filed divorce on my ex husband ! Years of abuse Years of put down. Manipulation and threats . Im not a Victim I put up with his abuse .
OK ~ You will survive:cool:

...hey hey:cool:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Maybe we didn't make it clear.

Regardless of who did what to whom; regardless of whether the manager *should* have called your job or not, no one made you take an overdose except you yourself. The law will not place responsibility for that on anyone but you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I do not abuse drugs ! eleven weeks after the exs girlfriends manager called my Job I took an overdose of Tylenol.
You abused Tylenol. An overdose is PROOF POSITIVE of abuse. You may not use illegal drugs. You may not constantly abuse drugs. But Tylenol is a drug. You took more than is recommended and you overdosed.

THAT IS ABUSE of A DRUG. So yes, you do abuse drugs. At least over the counter pain killers.

after weeks of mental abuse from my ex husband if I didnt give him my money he would kick me out on the street . Even when I lost my job at Macys I had to give my ex husband my 401k if not he would kick me out on the street . Which he did . I wanted help asking about the Hotel Manager calling my job. that was it . And I do have Macys Manager who is willing to back me too as she thought this was wrong . Its Ok .. I just wanted an opinion. Im also not the poor wifey ! I filed divorce on my ex husband ! Years of abuse Years of put down. Manipulation and threats . Im not a Victim I put up with his abuse .
And? You bring up how abusive he was but YOU abused drugs. You misused them to the point of overdosing. That is ABUSE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">