• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How worried should I be?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

threelittlebrds

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Ct,my ex is in S.C.
My ex was brought into court for back child support(in S.C.), I asked the court to have him pay in full .I stated He is self employed and receives much of his income in cash so he doesn't have to declare it. He also has all of his assets in his wife's name to avoid having them attached for back support. He only files income tax online because according to what he told me,that's how he's gotten away with not having it attached for nonsupport. My only recourse is through the court system. I believe my statement to be true. He told me these things himself. I am not rich and am raising our daughters with very little financial help from him. He also has nothing to do with our girls. I am wondering how good his case may be against me. He says he has unlimited resources and a highly paid lawyer who wants to "chew me up and spit me out"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">