• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Humiliated and Confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smoodahill

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Hello,

My daughter has been in after care for 5 years at the same location. In the recent past there was an organizational change and new people were hired. My daughters bus driver was new and after riding on the bus my daughter would complain of inappropriate comments made by the bus driver. Her father and I filed a complaint and was told the issue was resolved. It happened again recently and we again filed a complaint. The facility the afternoon bus driver and added a second person to the morning bus route to make sure everything was fine. We were ok with this arrangement. The next morning I drop my daughter off and left. That morning I receive a call from the supervisor requesting a meeting. In the meeting she advised one of her staff member reported a threat and they feel it's best for my daughter be removed from the program. I advised her I did not make a threat and was confused by the accusation. She advised my opinion was irrelevant and they felt it was best if my daughter was removed. Her father had a meeting the next day with the COO , who reinstated my daughter under the conditions that I was not allowed in the building. I had meeting with the COO today to let him know this was not favorable and unacceptable as I did not make any threats. I advised him with the exception of the the incidents with the bus driver I have been pleased with the staff and the program. He said his hands are tied as he was not present and he supports his staff. I don't know what to do. I never threatened anyone. I just filed a complaint and this is the treatment I get. They refuse to investigate the claims. What do I do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Hello,

My daughter has been in after care for 5 years at the same location. In the recent past there was an organizational change and new people were hired. My daughters bus driver was new and after riding on the bus my daughter would complain of inappropriate comments made by the bus driver. Her father and I filed a complaint and was told the issue was resolved. It happened again recently and we again filed a complaint. The facility the afternoon bus driver and added a second person to the morning bus route to make sure everything was fine. We were ok with this arrangement. The next morning I drop my daughter off and left. That morning I receive a call from the supervisor requesting a meeting. In the meeting she advised one of her staff member reported a threat and they feel it's best for my daughter be removed from the program. I advised her I did not make a threat and was confused by the accusation. She advised my opinion was irrelevant and they felt it was best if my daughter was removed. Her father had a meeting the next day with the COO , who reinstated my daughter under the conditions that I was not allowed in the building. I had meeting with the COO today to let him know this was not favorable and unacceptable as I did not make any threats. I advised him with the exception of the the incidents with the bus driver I have been pleased with the staff and the program. He said his hands are tied as he was not present and he supports his staff. I don't know what to do. I never threatened anyone. I just filed a complaint and this is the treatment I get. They refuse to investigate the claims. What do I do?
Why do you feel they are required to let your daughter ride?

quincy

It is not a nice feeling to be accused falsely of making a threat, but the care facility is not required to investigate your complaints and the care facility is not required to investigate complaints made by their staff. The care facility can support their staff member(s) by recommending that you remove your child from the facility or they can recommend that you refrain from having contact with the building's staff.

While your complaints about the bus driver may have been legitimate ones, the care facility was probably advised of their legal risks and their legal liability after you filed your complaints. They may fear that you are a litigious sort and they may fear a lawsuit.

Because this sounds very much like a he said/she said matter, however, this is not something that would easily support a lawsuit.

There is obviously a conflict that has developed between you and staff members and it appears that the supervisor is trying to find a way to diffuse the situation before additional problems arise. If you are unhappy with the supervisor's requirement that you have no contact with the building's staff, you may find your best course of action is to find another care facility for your daughter.

Of course, you can always review the issue and all facts with an attorney in your area but, from what you have posted here, I do not see this as a problem that can be solved through any legal action.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">