• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I did a dumb thing, how worried should I be?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tekdrake

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

So basically I work night shifts solo at a small hotel. Some nights ago, a random girl called in all horny. I ended up having phone sex with her. We did it again last night, and she asked for picture exchange. I gave her my E-mail (she insisted doing E-mail instead of our phones) and she sent a picture of herself. I think it's fake, especially because it landed in the spam folder immediately. However, it wasn't a bot as she kept chatting via E-mail, so I ended up sending a picture of my face. To be honest I was tired that night and wasn't thinking straight at all.

So now, I'm naturally pretty paranoid. Some stranger woman now knows my E-mail and my full name (via E-mail), knows where I work and has a picture of my face.
Is this as bad as I think it is? What could happen to me? I don't care about losing my job, it's a lowly dead end thing, and I don't have a career to lose yet, but I'm thinking about more in-depth things like rape accusations or something? Plus if the picture she sent was real, there's a chance she's underage, too, though it's hard to tell. Seems like early 20's to me but idunno.

EDIT: I just realized I never asked her age. I'm really scared now. A google search tells me that phone sex with a minor is the same kind of offense as a physical one, so that could be a third-degree...

Any preventative action I could take? Or am I blowing this out of proportion?
I know I'm an idiot, so no need to drive that home please. :(

Last edited:

quincy

So basically I work night shifts solo at a small hotel. Some nights ago, a random girl called in all horny. I ended up having phone sex with her. We did it again last night, and she asked for picture exchange. I gave her my E-mail (she insisted doing E-mail instead of our phones) and she sent a picture of herself. I think it's fake, especially because it landed in the spam folder immediately. However, it wasn't a bot as she kept chatting via E-mail, so I ended up sending a picture of my face. To be honest I was tired that night and wasn't thinking straight at all.

So now, I'm naturally pretty paranoid. Some stranger woman now knows my E-mail and my full name (via E-mail), knows where I work and has a picture of my face.
Is this as bad as I think it is? What could happen to me? I don't care about losing my job, it's a lowly dead end thing, and I don't have a career to lose yet, but I'm thinking about more in-depth things like rape accusations or something? Plus if the picture she sent was real, there's a chance she's underage, too, though it's hard to tell. Seems like early 20's to me but idunno.

If there have been no false statements published about you to another or others, there has been no defamation.

Because the girl/woman/boy/man you communicated with now knows who you are, there is no way to guess what will happen. If the police contact you, exercise your right to remain silent and call an attorney.

Good luck.

(thank you for adding the name of your state)

Last edited:

Tekdrake

If there have been no false statements published about you to another or others, there has been no defamation.

Because the girl/woman/boy/man who you communicated with now knows who you are, there is no way to guess what will happen. If the police contact you, exercise your right to remain silent and call an attorney.

Good luck.

(thank you for adding the name of your state)
So it is that bad huh? There's nothing that can be done pre-emptively? Is it possible to report this to the police as an attempt at an alibi? Would they just not care?

quincy

So it is that bad huh? There's nothing that can be done pre-emptively? Is it possible to report this to the police as an attempt at an alibi? Would they just not care?
What you did could have been stupid - but you said not to "drive that home." ;)

There is no way to tell if anything more will come from it. I tend to doubt it.

Tekdrake

What you did could have been stupid - but you said not to "drive that home." ;)

There is no way to tell if anything more will come from it. I tend to doubt it.
Thanks for the help, Quincy. Everyone I talk to says it'll probably be nothing. I can't tell how I could end up in any real trouble that I can't explain myself out of... but it's a crazy world...

quincy

Thanks for the help, Quincy. Everyone I talk to says it'll probably be nothing. I can't tell how I could end up in any real trouble that I can't explain myself out of... but it's a crazy world...
I doubt if anything will come from your phone and email exchanges.

If you had phone sex with a minor and you sent obscene photos to the minor, then you might have some reason to worry. But it is unlikely that you will get a visit from the police, based on what you have posted here. And, on the very off-chance that the police do contact you, speak with an attorney before speaking with them.

Good luck.

Eekamouse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Some random horny girl called your place of employment out of the blue? That seems totally legit and logical...not.

quincy

Some random horny girl called your place of employment out of the blue? That seems totally legit and logical...not.
You mean you have never been at work and had some random horny person call you to chat, Eekamouse? . . . . . .

. . . . .me neither.

Tekdrake

It really was a completely random caller to the front desk phone. No details left out.
Remember it's a hotel phone, we get people calling all the time.

She started beating around the bush at first for like 2 minutes, asking irrelevant things like if I am busy or not, until it became apparent she was pleasuring herself while talking. Then she asked one naughty question about me and from there I just went along with it.

Last edited:

quincy

It really was a completely random caller to the front desk phone. No details left out.
Remember it's a hotel phone, we get people calling all the time.

She started beating around the bush at first for like 2 minutes, asking irrelevant things like if I am busy or not, until it became apparent she was pleasuring herself while talking. Then she asked one naughty question about me and from there I just went along with it.
I guess I can see how a hotel might get some strange calls. It is too bad you decided to encourage your caller instead of hanging up, though.

At any rate, you were right earlier when you said it's a crazy world.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Of course it goes without saying that if the hotel finds out about it your job is on the line.

Tekdrake

Of course it goes without saying that if the hotel finds out about it your job is on the line.
That's okay. My co-workers have confided in me that they've done worse than this on their own time, actually leaving their post to have sex with a customer, or so they say. I don't plan to work here very long anyways.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And it goes without saying that having sex with a customer is also a firing offense. If they are still working there, then either your management is incredibly foolish; your co-workers are lying; or management never found out about it. Any of you would have been gone in a heartbeat at the hotel where I worked. And with a management who considered their third shift workers to be more valuable than gold, at least one third shift auditor was fired for far less.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">