• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I hope someone can offer advice on this one.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Law_2144

I have a problem. About 12 years ago when I was in college I became involved with fundamentalist church which is arguably a cult and functions like a cult. I was heavily involved with the church but have since fallen out of favor and left it (I'm an agnostic these days). I suspect that this organization is using personal information which I gave over in good faith against former member as a means to harass and silence anyone who speaks up about them. I also know and unfortunately did sign (i dont recall the exact details as I don't have the paperwork anymore) an agreement that member have not to sue anyone. If this organization is in fact doing this kind of libel are there any legal means of recourse available?

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">