• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet forum defimation by administrators/moderators?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mgbarr71

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I have been wrongfuly and without even given a chance to defend myself been basicaly convicted of being a retailer trying to sell in the classifieds section of archerytalk.com. I am not nor have ever been a retailer. I have been a member of the site for 4 1/2 years and have bought almost 30 items there and sold under 20. Now for no reason and no explination the moderators there are telling me I am a retailer and have to pay them $250 a year to be able t sell my USED items on the sight. There are allot of other members there that have sold more than twice what they have bought and are still able to sell freely on the sight. I was never asked to defend myself just told I had to pay them their fee if I wanted to continue to to use the calssifieds section of the sight.
Do I have any kind of a case against archerytalk.com and its owner ****** Archery?

FlyingRon

It's not "defimation" or even defamation to be told you are considered a retailer (even if they did it in public, and certainly not in billing dispute emails).

Their SITE, they can set the terms under which you are allowed to advertise on it.

quincy

Hey! Watch it, Antigone!!

. . . but, yes, I am apparently very easily amused this morning.

Last edited:

mgbarr71

would it be discrimination then? I am in no way a retailer and they have just assumed I am without any real investigation or letting me defend myself. Is there any kind of legal action I can take?

seniorjudge

would it be discrimination then? I am in no way a retailer and they have just assumed I am without any real investigation or letting me defend myself. Is there any kind of legal action I can take?
Of course it's discrimination.

But it's not illegal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Discrimination against people presumed, even incorrectly, to be retailers is not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">