• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Libel?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikea

Michigan. While on craigslist i came across a boat mechanic that i contacted to have do some work on my boat. we emailed back and forth a few times and set an appt. the day of service came and he never showed. I called him and someone at his residence answered and basically just hung up when i asked to speak to him. The mechanic never contacted me or showed up to do work (no money was exchanged).

Some time later i saw a post on craigslist with very negative coments about the same mechanic. I decided to respond to this post and share my own experience (i will paste my response below) with the mechanic. he has since removed the post and emailed me saying it is slander (or libel). from what i read, the statements must be false to be considered either, is that correct? as you can see, everything i stated was fact from my experience.

"RE: beware of mitch (drive 2 u 2 tkae $$$$$$)

You are corect. I had an appt scheduled with him and he never showed. I called him and is D-bag son (i assume its his loser son) simply said 'nobody here' and hung up. Sory you got taken by this ass but after reading your post and another, i am glad he didn't show

Unprofessional and rude

BEWARE OF MITCH THE non-mechanic

BTW here is his email address. if this the guy that responds - RUN away - FAST

mitchinmich@..."

thanks for the helpWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">