• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Libel

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

richh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I feel as though I may be fired at my job. I have worked there 30+ years. I believe my employer has committed illegal acts during this time. If I am fired and threaten to or acually do make these acts public my employer will suffer severe consequences. My employer is well respected in the community and very powerful. Can I be sued if what I reveal is the truth? Can they keep my 401k or worse? Thank you for any advice you can give.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

You are speculating about things that have not happened yet and asking for a projection of events based upon details you have not provided.

Therefore my answer is "maybe".

As to your 401k, that is protected.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I feel as though I may be fired at my job. I have worked there 30+ years. I believe my employer has committed illegal acts during this time. If I am fired and threaten to or acually do make these acts public my employer will suffer severe consequences. My employer is well respected in the community and very powerful. Can I be sued if what I reveal is the truth? Can they keep my 401k or worse? Thank you for any advice you can give.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
So how long have you known about these "illegal acts?"

TigerD

And how involved have YOU been in committing those acts on behalf of your employer?
What an interesting post in the libel section ...
Are you intentionally implying Tigi is committing illegal acts, or was that just a badly performed quote?

DC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">