• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Libel/Professional Defamation of Character/Sexual Libel in Published Book

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nyx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

As the title states – Libel, Professional Defamation of Character/Sexual Libel in Published Book.

I have talked with Amazon to removed the book, they refuse. I talked with the editor/publisher, he struck a nasty attitude until I said the phrase "sue for libel." The publisher removed it from their site, while it remained on Amazon (with search text with my exact real name about 30 times in horrific fabrications. I am an author. This is destroying my career and my life).

The publisher has put the book back up on Amazon through Lulu.

I'm looking to sue the author, the publisher, Lulu and Amazon.

Are there any attorneys who are capable of taking this on?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

As the title states – Libel, Professional Defamation of Character/Sexual Libel in Published Book.

I have talked with Amazon to removed the book, they refuse. I talked with the editor/publisher, he struck a nasty attitude until I said the phrase "sue for libel." The publisher removed it from their site, while it remained on Amazon (with search text with my exact real name about 30 times in horrific fabrications. I am an author. This is destroying my career and my life).

The publisher has put the book back up on Amazon through Lulu.

I'm looking to sue the author, the publisher, Lulu and Amazon.

Are there any attorneys who are capable of taking this on?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I'm sure there are. Check your yellow pages and set up some consultations.

No one here can troll for clients over the internet. Good luck.

quincy

John is correct. Any suit you may consider would be against the author and the publisher.

You can go to http://www.wsba.org for help in locating an attorney in your area who can review the publication in question and let you know if you have a suit worth the high costs of pursuing.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">