• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Libel/Slander/Defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dotwell

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am asking this question on behalf of my mother. About 3 years ago my grandmother was working for a elementary school in the cafeteria. She had been with the school for about 10 years give or take and they fired her for sexual harassment. Well her supervisor had stated that she had made some advancements towards her and made some comments. Well my mother is not like that and would never do something like that. Today her old supervisor called her and said that she wanted to talk to her about what happened and proceeded to tell her that the whole things was set up to get rid of my mother. I was wondering what the statute of limitations is for filing a law suit? Does my mother have a case beings that it was about 3-4 years ago and what would she need to do to persue this matter? If anyone has some advise i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you

dotwell

dotwell said:
I am asking this question on behalf of my mother. About 3 years ago my grandmother was working for a elementary school in the cafeteria. She had been with the school for about 10 years give or take and they fired her for sexual harassment. Well her supervisor had stated that she had made some advancements towards her and made some comments in a sexual manner. Then they made her sign a statement and would not let her read it. The principal of the school then told her that she was no longer allowed on school premises for any reason and she was to never come back up there. A month previous to that my father had passed away and my mother could not handle what was going on so she did not persue it at all. Today, her old supervisor that had made the accusations called her and stated that it was all a set up to fire her and that she wanted to talk and make things right. my mother called me and told me what happened and now i am trying to figure out what she can do. Is it possible for to take legal action now or has it been too long. The incident happened in 2001 or 2002. If you could help me that would be great and what would she need to do? Thank you

Just Blue

dotwell said:
dotwell said:
I am asking this question on behalf of my mother. About 3 years ago my grandmother was working for a elementary school in the cafeteria. She had been with the school for about 10 years give or take and they fired her for sexual harassment. Well her supervisor had stated that she had made some advancements towards her and made some comments in a sexual manner. Then they made her sign a statement and would not let her read it. The principal of the school then told her that she was no longer allowed on school premises for any reason and she was to never come back up there. A month previous to that my father had passed away and my mother could not handle what was going on so she did not persue it at all. Today, her old supervisor that had made the accusations called her and stated that it was all a set up to fire her and that she wanted to talk and make things right. my mother called me and told me what happened and now i am trying to figure out what she can do. Is it possible for to take legal action now or has it been too long. The incident happened in 2001 or 2002. If you could help me that would be great and what would she need to do? Thank you

Was it your mother or grandmother? ....Why did she sign something without reading it first?
You can be fired for almost any reason....it's not illegal..if they are preventing her from getting another job based on these false accusations...well she MIGHT have recourse.
I am not a lawyer, and am not sure. You could contact a employment attorney ...most will do a free consultation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">