• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Libel uk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leighroy123

A while ago social services attained an interim care for my daughter, she was residing with her mother. In the report that was sent to the magistrates it stated that if my daughter was placed with my partner and myself then there would be a significant risk of harm or neglect. This is entirely untrue as we have a 5 month old son and is thriving. Neither myself or my partner have ever been involved with social services and we neither have any sort of criminal record. I have asked on several occasions for the social worker to explain herself but to no avail. What i am wondering is if there was a possibility of sueing them for libel damages?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
A while ago social services attained an interim care for my daughter, she was residing with her mother. In the report that was sent to the magistrates it stated that if my daughter was placed with my partner and myself then there would be a significant risk of harm or neglect. This is entirely untrue as we have a 5 month old son and is thriving. Neither myself or my partner have ever been involved with social services and we neither have any sort of criminal record. I have asked on several occasions for the social worker to explain herself but to no avail. What i am wondering is if there was a possibility of sueing them for libel damages?
US Law Only - sorry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">