• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loud Mouth Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bren2619

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am a Realtor in Pa. I have listed my father's property for sale as is. I have disclosed among other things a potential flooding problem when it rains that I am willing to escrow the money at closing to repair. There is a neighbor that runs his mouth to every prospective buyer that views the property, so much so that the last buyer backed out 3 days before closing. Is there anything legally I can do to shut him up?

stephenk

Why did you leave out of your post the most important information - what does the neighbor tell the prospective buyers?

B

bren2619

Pennsylvania The neighbor tells everyone that views the house, including my excavator who was there to address the water problem that there will always be a problem with the flooding and it can't be fixed. They are crazy for even considering buying the property. Mean while I have 3 estimates from contractors with solutions to the problem.

VR_Hunter

Warn your next prospective buyer of the situation, encourage them to politely ignore the neighbor, and show them the estimates.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">