• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My boss's boss sent a very humiliating email- can I do anything to redeem myself??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

highercause

What is the name of your state? CA

I was recently laid off from work in which I was told it was due to some tardies (the tardy policy and procedures I was given when hired were not followed at all by the way- kinda strange huh?) and also because there were growing tensions with another employee who had superiority.

Anyways, after I was let go I called some of my former customers to let them know who their new representative would be- I made it a point not to defame the company that laid me off in anyway. Two days later, I got an email from my boss's boss which was sent to my personal email address that I share with my family. The email stated 'that I was a complete joke to the company and the customers' (this being after some customers I called offered to write letters of recommendations for me). My family read this and it was extremely humiliating and I want to get even. This is a billion dollar corporation with high turn around rate on employees. I think they should have handled this termination in a better way

Any legal grounds? thx

Shay-Pari'e

highercause said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I was recently laid off from work in which I was told it was due to some tardies (the tardy policy and procedures I was given when hired were not followed at all by the way- kinda strange huh?) and also because there were growing tensions with another employee who had superiority.

Anyways, after I was let go I called some of my former customers to let them know who their new representative would be- I made it a point not to defame the company that laid me off in anyway. Two days later, I got an email from my boss's boss which was sent to my personal email address that I share with my family. The email stated 'that I was a complete joke to the company and the customers' (this being after some customers I called offered to write letters of recommendations for me). My family read this and it was extremely humiliating and I want to get even. This is a billion dollar corporation with high turn around rate on employees. I think they should have handled this termination in a better way

Any legal grounds? thx
No legal grounds at all. That is how he felt about you when you were contacting customers. There is no slander at all.

I don't have time to pick through your post, other than to say you pretty much brought this on yourself.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Gotta agree with Paradise here. You have no grounds for legal action.

The fact that your termination was evidently poorly handled does not make anything they did illegal.

T

tmsincman

Clarification...

No legal grounds at all. That is how he felt about you when you were contacting customers. There is no slander at all.

I don't have time to pick through your post, other than to say you pretty much brought this on yourself.

I'm no basically nothing about this case or law but specifically how did he bring this on himself? I'm not sure I understand?

N

Night_on_Earth

tmsincman said:

I'm no basically nothing about this case or law but specifically how did he bring this on himself? I'm not sure I understand?
He didn't. The lawyers on here are largely third-rate ham-and-eggers who seem to have little to do but dispense poor, often incorrect legal advice (although not in this case), and insult people seeking help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">