• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Myspace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I hope this is in the right place. Please forgive me if it is not.
Someone has put up a fake myspace page with my name,and address. It also has my unlisted phone number and picture. This page says that I am a mobster and a child abuser. I know who did it and can easily prove it was them. I am wondering if I can call the police and file a criminal charge against them just to get something going on it?

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I hope this is in the right place. Please forgive me if it is not.
Someone has put up a fake myspace page with my name,and address. It also has my unlisted phone number and picture. This page says that I am a mobster and a child abuser. I know who did it and can easily prove it was them. I am wondering if I can call the police and file a criminal charge against them just to get something going on it?
Something wrong with the answer you recieved yesterday?

Hi

I actually did not see it. I am lost on this site and learning where things are and already had to change my password. Sorry could you maybe direct me to the answer? Really sorry for the hassle.

Hi

Ok I found my previous post and read the answer. Than you to the poster for the advice.
Now I am wondering if or under what circumstances I could actually file a criminal charge over this. The page goes into detail saying that I have sex with young children and that I have killed people and dumped there bodies?

swalsh411

YOU don't file criminal charges. You report the matter to the police, the police may investigate, and the DA may decide to press charges.

Hi

Thanks for the reply's.
Ok to answer some of the questions: I can prove who the person is because instead of making up a fake page they used there myspace page and just changed the entire format. So the url is the same and is still registered to there email.
I also have messages from this person's my space page before it was changed.

To the last poster. I am in new jersey and not exactly sure how it works but I think if you have the criminal code that you can file a charge against the person and the da does not decide if it will be pursued but it will go before the municipal court judge . I just want it on the court list as I am sure this person is not going to appear. To try and explain what I am getting at this is an example. Years ago I was approached by my girls ex boyfriend in a local bar just as I walked in and he shoved me and took a swing. Long story short I was able to get him in a rear choke hold quickly and took the steam right out of him. No one was hurt and that was it. I went to the police station and the police said they were not there so they could not press charges but that I could and the judge would decide. I pressed assault charges and the guy plead to some kind of disorderly charge. I just want it before a judge.

Hi

I am going to report it. I would like it to go something like this.
I have copied the page. I have contacted myspace and they saw the page and are waiting conformation on my I.D.. I have not confirmed the ID so I can show the police the page and that it has been sent to people in my circles and posted on public websites urging people to call my unlisted number. I would like to find what criminal offense may have been comitted so when I make the police report I can ask them to allow me or help me to file a particular complaint. The police are busy and it makes it a lot easier if you have all your ducks in a row before you go to them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">