• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need an answer please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
i bank with bank atlantic and in nov 09 there was an error made by the bank they mixed up my husbands and my account with my husbands fathers bank account. some how we got a call stating we are indebted to the bank and we went back and forth and back and forth until we proved it was not us that we still have an account there and it is active. We thought all was good. We have just started an incorporation and decided we were going to change banks take all our money (ha ha all yeah right what little we have) and use a local bank closer to home for personal and business banking. We were informed that we are in chex systems and cannot open an account. We went to Bank Atlantic and they wrote me a note stating it is in error they contacted chex systems and requested the error to be fixed Chex Systems said they will fix the error but it will take 30 days for that to happen. Is there anyway for me to pressure chex systems to do this faster? or to put any pressure on them so I can continue with my plans to change banks?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

You can ask but you can't force them to. Even if you could sue them, by the time you got your day in court 30 days would be long up.

josmul123

In my experience, Chex Systems has been very responsive in promptly removing invalid entries from their database. I had an issue with Bank of America that ended in a Chex Systems hit for me. I laid it all out for Chex Systems, told them the truth, and the reversed it in fewer than 5 days.

Just because they say it'll take 30 days doesn't mean it necessarily will. I'd hang in there a bit longer... You may be surprised at the turnaround time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">