• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fsumom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New jersey

Hi ,

I'am new to this site . To make a long story short ..
My neighbor and I were best friends for over a yr. She has a very bad pill problem and I have spent the last yr trying to help her . We had a falling out because I found out she was lying to me and getting percocets at several drs and hiding it from me . Now I know I was 100%wrong in what I'm about to tell you but I need advice on what to do . I have a lawyer . I took 3 rx papers from my Ped but I thought they were letter head notes and not actual rx papers. I used 2 of them to excuse my kids from sch when they were sick and nothing else .... She knew about this and also used the other to excuse her husband from work when she wS going through withdraw . She called the police , the sch , and dr and reported me but left out what she had done !!! I was brought into the station and charged with forgery. Now she's calling the cops on me 3 times in 2 weeks when I've done nothing to her . I don't even look her direction ... My question is ... How can she get out of this ? She turned me in out of anger and she thought I was calling dyfs on her . Please help !!!!!! :(

cyjeff

She no longer has any control over the situation. It is in the hands of the DA now.

You forged a doctor's note on a script pad? To get your kids out of school?

Really?

Why didn't YOU just write a note? Why was forging a doctor's note a better option?

Fsumom

cyjeff; said:
She no longer has any control over the situation. It is in the hands of the DA now.

You forged a doctor's note on a script pad? To get your kids out of school?

Really?

Why didn't YOU just write a note? Why was forging a doctor's note a better option?
Hi

I didn't have a dr at the time .. My question was she turned me in but did not tell the police that she also used the rx . As I stated before I did not know it was an rx pad . It was on the table . I didn't think drs just left them laying around . I thought it was a drs note pad they use to write excuse from sch ect . I don't need sarcasm here . I came here for advice ... I wanted to know if she can also be charged? And what her charges will be ? Ass after the fact ? Abs of justice ? I've never been in trouble my whole life and I'm not perfect . I know I was wrong ... Please don't respond if u are only going to put me down ok ! Ty

cyjeff

Hi

I didn't have a dr at the time .. My question was she turned me in but did not tell the police that she also used the rx . As I stated before I did not know it was an rx pad . It was on the table . I didn't think drs just left them laying around . I thought it was a drs note pad they use to write excuse from sch ect . I don't need sarcasm here . I came here for advice ... I wanted to know if she can also be charged? And what her charges will be ? Ass after the fact ? Abs of justice ? I've never been in trouble my whole life and I'm not perfect . I know I was wrong ... Please don't respond if u are only going to put me down ok ! Ty
None of my questions were sarcastic or judgmental. You really need to check that attitude at the door.

Whether or not she can be charged is not your problem.

You knew you were stealing SOMETHING from a doctor's office... and the numbers at the bottom should have been a giveaway that this was a pad with numbered sheets... and therefore, tracked.

Again, why did you think it necessary to forge a doctor's note?

If you think I am harsh, wait until you meet the judge... and you better have an answer to the questions I am asking before you walk into court.

Just Blue

Hi

If you are not willing to answer questions here, on a legal forum,...HOW on EARTH with you deal with a DA?

:confused:

Fsumom

cyjeff; said:
None of my questions were sarcastic or judgmental. You really need to check that attitude at the door.

Whether or not she can be charged is not your problem.

You knew you were stealing SOMETHING from a doctor's office... and the numbers at the bottom should have been a giveaway that this was a pad with numbered sheets... and therefore, tracked.

Again, why did you think it necessary to forge a doctor's note?

If you think I am harsh, wait until you meet the judge... and you better have an answer to the questions I am asking before you walk into court.
I have an attitude ? Who made you judge and jury ? This is a forum for advice !!! You didn't answer one of my questions . You just act all high and mighty . I know what I did was wrong as I stated twice !!! Are you perfect ? I think not . So don't sit there on your lil soap box and judge me . All I wanted here was advice .... Not judgement . She is harrassing me everyday by calling the police on me . Using her ex husbands position as a police officer to help her . My brother is a captain with 3 yrs to ret but I don't go around throwing his name out to protect me . She's a pill popper and I mean bad . And he's well aware of it . I have a very good lawyer and he said I will only get fines . He said we should wait until my sentence to go after her ? I only wanted advice ... That's all . I know what I did was beyond stupid and I would do anything to take it back . I have never even gotten a speeding ticket . I was scared because my kids were sick with the flu and I didn't have a dr . The sch said they could fail if they weren't excused abs.

Fsumom

If you are not willing to answer questions here, on a legal forum,...HOW on EARTH with you deal with a DA?

:confused:

Not one person here has asked me one question ??? What r u talking about !!! All I've gotten is judgement here . Not one person has answered my questions at all . Is this not an advice forum ? What advice have any of you given ?

cyjeff

I have an attitude ? Who made you judge and jury ? This is a forum for advice !!! You didn't answer one of my questions .
Sure, I did. You just weren't paying attention.

I said that whether or not your friend gets charged doesn't matter to you. YOU have your own felonies to worry about.

You just act all high and mighty . I know what I did was wrong as I stated twice !!! Are you perfect ? I think not . So don't sit there on your lil soap box and judge me .
Nope, not perfect. Never committed a multiple felony either.

All I wanted here was advice .... Not judgement . She is harrassing me everyday by calling the police on me . Using her ex husbands position as a police officer to help her .
OHHHH... so it is HER fault for calling the police and not YOURS for committing multiple felonies.

The pushback you are receiving is that you seem to think you did nothing wrong and all you care about is sticking it to the person that turned you in.

I am pretty sure you don't need to be related to a cop to turn in a criminal.

My brother is a captain with 3 yrs to ret but I don't go around throwing his name out to protect me .
That's because getting wrapped up in this could cost him his pension.

She's a pill popper and I mean bad .
And you are a thief and a forger... and I mean BAD.

And he's well aware of it . I have a very good lawyer and he said I will only get fines . He said we should wait until my sentence to go after her ?
That's because your very good attorney wants to defend you twice. Once for your current issue and once for supplying a stolen scrip to a junkie.

That's right, bright eyes. You call the man on your friend and they ask her where she got it and you get to wear another set of those lovely steel bracelets.

Hadn't quite thought that out, had you? If she goes down, you do too... andI assure you that the second sentence will be much harder than the first.

I only wanted advice ... That's all . I know what I did was beyond stupid and I would do anything to take it back . I have never even gotten a speeding ticket
Then you started HUGE.

I was scared because my kids were sick with the flu and I didn't have a dr . The sch said they could fail if they weren't excused abs.
Does the school know yet or is the DA sitting back on charges of falsifying that data to the school until after you are found guilty?

How very nice that you brought your children into your little game. How do they feel about Mommy the Felon? Do you think the other kids in school all know yet?

Make sure you tell them that Mommy is going to drop a dime on someone else and that will make it all better.

One last point... if you SOLD that blank to your friend, you can't even claim that you didn't know what it was... and will face federal charges.

quincy

Fsumom, you said you have a good attorney, and that is good. You would be wise to address all of your questions and concerns to him, listen carefully to what he says, and then follow his advice.

It is important for you to concentrate on your own case and not worry about what, if anything, will happen to your neighbor. I imagine you will have time later to address her involvement in the matter.

Your attorney said that he believes you can escape the forgery charges with just a fine. If you used the RX pad papers strictly to excuse school absenses for your children, a fine will be the likely outcome. This could be the same outcome your neighbor will have, if her only use of the RX paper was to excuse her husband's absense from work.

HOWEVER, if either you or she used the purloined pad from the pediatrician's office to forge a prescription for Percocet or any other drug, or if you gave an RX paper to your neighbor with knowledge that she would or might use it to forge a prescription for Percocet or any other drug (which could be reasonable to assume given her history), the fine either one of you can face may be a hefty one (up to $50,000). It is a 3rd degree crime.

The state must prove that the purpose of the forgery on the prescription papers was to acquire drugs, to defraud, to injure. The defense your attorney is probably planning on using is that your use of the prescription papers was de mimimis (trifling, minimal, insignificant).

If the facts are NOT as you present them here, and your use of the prescription papers is not as described, it is not important that WE on the forum know this, but you MUST inform your attorney. The attorney cannot work for you and present a good defense unless he is informed and armed with ALL of the facts (both good and bad facts).

Good luck.

(see NJSA 2C:35-13 and NJSA 2C:21-1 and NJSA 2C:35-10.5)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">