• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrsteinbronn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IOWA, my ex girlfriend took some nude pics of my daughter after she got out of the bathtub. The other night we got into a huge fight and then she called me and left me a voice mail saying that she was going to use them against me. I don't know what to do. I have contact the local authorities and the cybertipline.com. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IOWA, my ex girlfriend took some nude pics of my daughter after she got out of the bathtub. The other night we got into a huge fight and then she called me and left me a voice mail saying that she was going to use them against me. I don't know what to do. I have contact the local authorities and the cybertipline.com. Any advice would be much appreciated.

How old is your daughter?

Are these the usual type of "baby in the tub" photos?

jrsteinbronn

she is 6 years old. she is laying down on the floor with her legs spread. i was there when she took the pic. she had just gotten back from her mother's house and my ex and mother were making sure there was no marks or cuts on her

Proserpina

she is 6 years old. she is laying down on the floor with her legs spread. i was there when she took the pic. she had just gotten back from her mother's house and my ex and mother were making sure there was no marks or cuts on her

I'm sorry did I miss something?

Was there reason to suspect any kind of abuse?

You know, like the type that you would IMMEDIATELY call CPS/911 about?

quincy

You were making sure there were no cuts or bruises on your daughter by photographing her on the floor?

Proserpina

You were making sure there were no cuts or bruises on your daughter by photographing her on the floor?

With her legs spread, no less :(

I'm sorry - but this is terribly suspicious at first glance.

I shall await clarification before commenting further...other than to advise OP that he may be in need of an attorney...

jrsteinbronn

there was some issues and we reported it then. now i am concern as to what to do about my ex and her telling me she is going to use them against me

Proserpina

there was some issues and we reported it then. now i am concern as to what to do about my ex and her telling me she is going to use them against me

In order to help you further we REALLY need to know the details.

What happened with any CPS/DHS investigation?

It really does make a difference.

WHY were you taking photographs of your daughters genitals?

jrsteinbronn

when it happened last year dhs documented it and reported it. they could tell what it was from. we were just being careful.

quincy

Actually, there was absolutely NO reason for you to be taking these photos. If there was an issue concerning the abuse of your daughter, you should have taken her to see a doctor. You should NOT have photographed her yourself. That in itself can be seen as abuse.

I am assuming your mother, who you said was there when the photos were taken, can support your story?

Proserpina

Actually, there was absolutely NO reason for you to be taking these photos. If there was an issue concerning the abuse of your daughter, you should have taken her to see a doctor. You should NOT have photographed her yourself. That in itself can be seen as abuse.

I am assuming your mother, who you said was there when the photos were taken, can support your story?

I absolutely agree.

I'm actually somewhat taken aback by the question.

If there was ANY further suspicion of abuse - and OP has not really answered the questions I asked - then informing CPS/DHS or the child's pediatrician, or 911, should have been the absolute FIRST thing to be done.

OP, you say you reported....something?

What?

What was the result of the investigation?

This is important!

jrsteinbronn

we took my daughter to the hospital once she got home. they said that they would report it to dhs. as for anything else i don't know, but this isn't my problem right now. i am worried about what my ex is going to do with the pictures.

Proserpina

we took my daughter to the hospital once she got home. they said that they would report it to dhs. as for anything else i don't know, but this isn't my problem right now. i am worried about what my ex is going to do with the pictures.

So you took your daughter to the hospital after an initial suspicious event occurred?

And the hospital made a report?

You THEN took further photographs on a subsequent occasion?

You haven't followed up on the DHS investigation?

You haven't followed up on whether your daughter was being abused?

(help me out here)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">