• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need some help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scott b

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New york

I am an officer of a small town fire company, we are a non profit corporation that contracts fire protection with our township. Our town supervisor has an ax to grind when it comes to members of the fire company and has been trying everything in her power to close our company down. Our contract is up for renewal and this supervisor is saying that she has been advised by the ****** county sheriffs dept not to sing a contract with my fire company because we are under investagation. She has made this statement at 2 public town meetings and to other fire companies she is trying to get to take our contract. Now I'm a strait forword guy so I went right down to the county sheriffs dept and talked to the sheriff him self and after he did some dancing around the question he stated that he never advised our suporvisor not to sign because of any ongoing investagations. I recorded the whole meeting with the sheriff. We the fire company need to know if its worth trying to pursue a slander suit. Its looking like this false statement is going to cause us our contract and force us to shut down. Now we did under go a state audit that we requested a few months ago, but that's now what she was talking about.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

scott b

The statement that she made at the public meeting. That she was advised by the county sheriff not to sign a contract with us because we are under invesagation. And were not and I have the sheriff himself on recording saying that.

justalayman

maybe the sheriff lied to you.

You do realize that if I look into your operations, technically you are being investigated. It takes very little to support such a statement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">