• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor and landlord working to slander me and use the court to do it

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katie33kate

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Co

The neighbor and the landlord are working together to blacken my name and use the result to force an eviction because they hope to get a restraining order against me and force me out...and because my elderly disabled parents cannot live alone..they would force them into nursing homes.

I have a neighbor who has been harassing my parents and myself since 2011 I have many letters to the park management requesting their assistance to end this. In 2011 the Park management became actively involved in assisting this neighbor to harassing my parents. Mom has tried to avoid the neighbor and the management because she doesnt want trouble with them...she fears retaliation. In 2011 the neighbor working together with the landlord tore down the handicap ramp my father needed. i have copies of the phone records with the volunteer organization that built it because my Dad could not come home from the hospital without it. my parents were brow-beat into silence while it was torn down at the demand of the neighbor. In 2012 i stayed with my parents for 3 months because my mom had eye surgery in both eyes and my Dad cannot help her. the neightbor pushed management hard to force me to leave..even knowing my Mom was helpless. i wrote letters and got a lawyer to help me write a reply. did not hear more about it. then, Beginning in 2014 I moved in with my parents to provide live in home health care. Since then, the neighbor has constantly tried to get me removed. It would be the ultimate way to hurt my parents. (She was instrumental in getting management to tear down My fathers handicap ramp in 2011..which management had previously approved.). She did her best to try to block the rebuilding of the ramp in 2014 but I got a lawyer to make it clear to management that the ramp would be rebuilt. Mom declined to sue for the cost of the rebuilding. She just doesn't want to have more trouble. Throughout 2014 and now in 2015 the neighbor and the manager have harassed me and my parents. I have written numerous letters to management to try to document this harassment and seeking to get it to stop.

Management and the neighbor have told repeated lies about me, and even right to my face. I have many letters to management and management lawyer concerning this campaign of lies and harassment. I wrote a letter outlining the exact lies the manager herself told to me..and she was caught at it. The letter went to the owner, her, and the park's attorney. The manager has been even more intent on getting rid of me. I stand between them and the damage they have tried to inflict on my parents.

Now...the neighbor has filed a restraining order against me. If she wins it...it would really be the ultimate damage to my parents because they could use it to evict me.

The complaint is 90% nonsense. About my yelling at her. About my mom yelling at her..etc. BUT...the big item is this. Because of dogs running lose and poop in the yard every morning.... I wrote a letter to management lastApril suggesting a note be put on the mail station that says that "someone in the park" has threatened to poison dogs if they come onto lots they do not belong on. I realize it was wildly stupid of me. Dumb to suggest such a thing. Now..the neighbor is claiming I threatened to poison dogs and cats..and the management has given her a copy of a letter in which I have made that threat. (This is how I know management is in on it with her). Further...she today claims her dog was poisoned last May and some other Unidentified cat too. Her dog is well. I know nothing about this. Everyone I have talked to today never heard anything about this either...and this is a place where rumors spread like wild fire. This neighbor would have yelled it from the tree tops if it was true....no one has heard a word about this..and it is 3 months later. sick dog and a dead cat? I doubt it even happened. But..I had nothing to do with it...and that dumb letter is what she has. How can I convince a judge I had no such intentions? Stupid me!

I think I need to figure out exactly what words to say to get the judge to understand that the neighbor and this management are likely conspiring to cause as much harm to my parents as they can. They have been at it since at least 2011. This is the reason for this.

This is a mobile home park. Everyone owns their own home. My parents have been here since 1986. This trouble only started after there was a new park owner and this new neighbor moved in next door 5 years ago. It all began when the new neighbor demanded that my parents tear down their garden shed. Which has stood on that exact spot since 1986, having been placed on that spot by the owner of the park in 1986 They refused.

I know this is long and windy. But, I need help writing a reply and help putting together a defense that will work. I know a judge is not going to listen to all this. I need to say my piece quick and just hand copies if all these letters. Will copies of all my letters even help? I have a witness willing to testify about the lies the neighbor told her about me....will that help me? Any guidance will be very appreciated.
I cannot afford hundred (much less thousands) to try to find a lawyer in just 10 days. can you assist me through this process and help write material for me to use? Can I get this sort of help here?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Co

The neighbor and the landlord are working together to blacken my name and use the result to force an eviction because they hope to get a restraining order against me and force me out...and because my elderly disabled parents cannot live alone..they would force them into nursing homes. ...

... The complaint is 90% nonsense. ... I wrote a letter to management lastApril suggesting a note be put on the mail station that says that "someone in the park" has threatened to poison dogs if they come onto lots they do not belong on ... How can I convince a judge I had no such intentions? ...

... I know a judge is not going to listen to all this. I need to say my piece quick and just hand copies if all these letters. Will copies of all my letters even help? I have a witness willing to testify about the lies the neighbor told her about me....will that help me? Any guidance will be very appreciated. ...

... can you assist me through this process and help write material for me to use? Can I get this sort of help here?
I am sorry that you and your parents are having a hard time with the park management and the neighbor.

Having a witness willing to testify on your behalf can be helpful. Condensing what you have to say to the judge to the most pertinent facts is also good. And when you are in court, you should respond ONLY to what the judge asks you and not to anything that the neighbor has to say. Do not speak to the neighbor directly.

Expect the neighbor to lie about the situation or about you or your parents but do not get angry or scowl or retort when she does. Stay calm and civil and polite at all times. You will be given an opportunity to present your side and refute whatever was said by the neighbor.

The better you can control your reactions to the neighbor in court, the more likely the judge is to decide a restraining order is not needed and that the neighbor may be exaggerating your role, or your parents' role, in any dispute.

With only 10 days to prepare yourself for court, you might find it difficult to find legal assistance in your area but it appears that legal assistance is what you need. I am afraid that assistance with writing material for you to use in court for your defense goes beyond the scope of this forum. Sorry.

You could try to find free or low-cost legal aid through the following organizations:
http://www.cobar.org
http://www.coloradolegalservices.org/lawhelp

Good luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">